Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve been pretty awful, but they don’t have an amazing squad. Benitez probably got the job off the back of keeping Newcastle up with little resources. Fans however seem to still think they’re a top 6 side.

Appreciate that Benitez has a strong Liverpool connection and he’s said one or two things about Everton fifteen years ago, so it was gonna be somewhat controversial, but it seems Everton all over that they were more bothered about hating Liverpool than succeeding themselves.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Benitez is too bad a manager, and I’m not sure who they’d get that’s a definite improvement. Surely they won’t go down and they’ve just sacked a director of football for him, but they need to stop the rot somehow and I think it precedes Benitez.

Watched a few games with my everton mate, I don't know I think benitez looks like a dinosaur and probably has no business managing a premier league club in 2022. Their are much bigger problems at club, owner is a clown, but getting rid of benitez 100% necessary, sometimes toxicity is fatal even to something that might have worked in a vacuum.

makes me nostalgic for Maine Road in the early 80's

Haha what a bunch of fans ......easy to win things with money eh lads?

The board have spent loads of money but missed out on one important step, didn't get a competent DOF and with FFP you only get once chance.

Watched a few games with my everton mate, I don't know I think benitez looks like a dinosaur and probably has no business managing a premier league club in 2022. Their are much bigger problems at club, owner is a clown, but getting rid of benitez 100% necessary, sometimes toxicity is fatal even to something that might have worked in a vacuum.
The board are rotten. Owner has no idea. Rafa is a stubborn git. Some players need a good kicking. It is bad, very bad, and relegation is looming. It is all good and way saying Everton won't go down, but they can, and they will if nothing changes. This club has been run by idiots for years. We need someone who can come in and start clearing out the deadwood. Who? I have no idea. The calls for a younger manager may be correct as they will need time to sort this mess out. My fear is that it may be to late this season as we are sinking like a stone and could very easily be relegated. Of course, I will still go the home games and cheer them on.

Benitez will be gone by Monday I would assume. Duncan can stand in for a few games and may lift the players enough to grab a few much needed points. But no more has been players or managers coming for that final pay day. I would play some of the kids if I am honest as they will play for the shirt, unlike some of the so called pro's that we have.

Worrying times

The board are rotten. Owner has no idea. Rafa is a stubborn git. Some players need a good kicking. It is bad, very bad, and relegation is looming. It is all good and way saying Everton won't go down, but they can, and they will if nothing changes. This club has been run by idiots for years. We need someone who can come in and start clearing out the deadwood. Who? I have no idea. The calls for a younger manager may be correct as they will need time to sort this mess out. My fear is that it may be to late this season as we are sinking like a stone and could very easily be relegated. Of course, I will still go the home games and cheer them on.

Benitez will be gone by Monday I would assume. Duncan can stand in for a few games and may lift the players enough to grab a few much needed points. But no more has been players or managers coming for that final pay day. I would play some of the kids if I am honest as they will play for the shirt, unlike some of the so called pro's that we have.

Worrying times
Echoes of Swales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.