Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townsend will probably be a decent enough signing for them, as will Demarai Gray. Not the type of players that are going to see them push on though.

I give you Tom Davies. Nice dressing-gown. What is it about these self-obsessed tossers at Everton?
Looks like he's covered himself in glue and run through his mum's wardrobe.

Attachments

• NINTCHDBPICT000562549852.jpg
    NINTCHDBPICT000562549852.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 162
I give you Tom Davies. Nice dressing-gown. What is it about these self-obsessed tossers at Everton?
Looks like he's covered himself in glue and run through his mum's wardrobe.
Him and Calvert-Lewis do seem to have pretty eccentric dress sense. It’s not for me, but fair play to them. Makes a bit of a change from the stereotypically terrible attire most players go for.

Everton need a persona. Years ago they were known as the "School of science" and then as the "Mersey Millionaires". What are they now?...er...the Liverpool club that isn't Liverpool. We laugh at Ole but Trafford United's rep has enabled them to sign top players despite the trophyless years and an amateur manager. Everton are just a cipher and won't get anywhere until they are known for something positive. They tried the people's club thing but it availed them nothing outside their own city. Perhaps the new stadium will spark something, but that will be years yet.

Any club signing a journeyman like Andros Townsend has limited ambition and is never going to break through into the elite.

I'm not sure where Everton go from here. They threw some money at it and appointed a top coach but that failed miserably. Done the right way Leicester have proved you can make a decent fist of it being careful and snapping up promising talent and developing them. Can Everton do the same? I think it will be difficult.

Any club signing a journeyman like Andros Townsend has limited ambition and is never going to break through into the elite.

I'm not sure where Everton go from here. They threw some money at it and appointed a top coach but that failed miserably. Done the right way Leicester have proved you can make a decent fist of it being careful and snapping up promising talent and developing them. Can Everton do the same? I think it will be difficult.

The Townsend signing stinks of quota.

They currently have 9 home grown players if my calculations are correct and that includes Jonjo Kenny and Sigurdsson who most likely won’t be there.

An honest pro with good experience who’s worked under Rafa before and it’s not a bad signing.

£500M Leicester have spent since 2015!

The Townsend signing stinks of quota.

They currently have 9 home grown players if my calculations are correct and that includes Jonjo Kenny and Sigurdsson who most likely won’t be there.

An honest pro with good experience who’s worked under Rafa before and it’s not a bad signing.
13 England caps, on a free and he’s only 30. We’d have snapped his hand off in July 2008…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.