Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampards doing himself no favours taking that job. Its a poison chalice, their problems lie much deeper than the manager. He will do an adequate job to steer them away from any threat of relegation and get them mid-table but it won't be appreciated because the players they've got demands that as a minimum. FFP is stopping them spending big and after so long fucking up a genuine shot at doing a better version of what Leicester and now West ham have been doing in recent seasons in terms of breaking into the European places, they pretty much have to start again, will lampard get the time? Doubt it.

Lampards doing himself no favours taking that job. Its a poison chalice, their problems lie much deeper than the manager. He will do an adequate job to steer them away from any threat of relegation and get them mid-table but it won't be appreciated because the players they've got demands that as a minimum. FFP is stopping them spending big and after so long fucking up a genuine shot at doing a better version of what Leicester and now West ham have been doing in recent seasons in terms of breaking into the European places, they pretty much have to start again, will lampard get the time? Doubt it.
Lampard is doing himself no favours?

Lampard is getting the job because of his name and nothing more, he is nowhere near qualified for this task.

Everton are a shambles of a club and need some serious work to correct it.

Lampard like all in football can't do wrong, he will be paid handsomely success or failure, nice work if you can get it.

Would I choose him in a big pool of candidates? No. Given the choice from the board was him, Pereira and Dunc then Lampard every day.

I was content with Dunc until the end of the season but the Villa game changed my mind. He went with 2 CM's which the whole fanbase knows we cant play with due to the lack of pace and energy. Played Kenny who will be leaving for nothing in the summer as he's not good enough and dropped Gordon who has been one of our only positives and more creative players. Then just launched it long like he was back in his heyday. You need much more than that these days!

So is Lampard the best we could get? Probably not. Was he the best out of the 3 candidates, 100%. Also we have tried 2 multiple trophy and CL winners in Ancelotti and Benitez and they didnt work out so its just luck and timing. I hope this one is the one.
Mate, I want nothing more than you to do well.

Lampard might be the better choice out of the 3, but it shows a massive lack of inexperience and ambition from your board to put an inexperienced man in charge of a serious situation.

And I get it with, "already having two very good managers in place previously", but FL, really?? and I like the guy, but he's the wrong man in the wrong situation.

Also why is Duncan still at the club? The guys obviously not learnt anything. What are you paying for?

I like Everton and FL, I want both of you to succeed, but this feels like a really dodgy and lacklustre move.

Good luck though mate.

Lampards job is easy keep Everton up does that then next season top 8 finish and he has done a good job! It’s getting in the top 6 that’s the hard part.

Interesting move for Frank. Needs a better GK than Pickford and to sign a quality CB to play alongside Mina (sell Heaton) and decide which is Ben Godfrey's best position. Then get the best out of Richarlison and DCL (if he can stay fit). I've never seen anything about Van De Beek that made me think he's anything like decent but if Frank can find a player in there then it'll be a masterstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.