Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been confirmed police are investigating Everton's finances
It's the Treasury's sanctions "police".

The Everton board would be smoking cigars and quaffing champagne if it was Merseyside Police as they'd know they were in the clear before MP had even knocked on the door. Assuming they could find the fucking door in the first place of course which, as we know, isn't a given.

The Everton board would be smoking cigars and quaffing champagne if it was Merseyside Police as they'd know they were in the clear before MP had even knocked on the door. Assuming they could find the fucking door in the first place of course.
Ah ok. Just seen a headline saying the police were investigating.

Either way that's pretty serious isn't it?

I dont think FFP is our issue as we are not in Europe, its the PL spend controls. Even if the new owners want to spend ££ im not sure they will be allowed. Absolute farce when owners cant spend their own money. Meant to stop clubs from folding yet not being able to spend a penny the last 2 years and having to sell our best player and top striker is what has killed us!

Hoping between ours and your case the whole thing gets binned. Farcical.
FFP is way for the Red cartel to keep ambitious clubs from challenging them. It's load off rubbish anyway.

In my opinion you should be allowed to spend what you have. I get its not acceptable to spend money you don't have. The rules need to change to allow clubs being able to have ambition and challenge for the title.

Article mentions a similar situation to Abramovic at Chelsea. Forced to sell but doesnt see a penny of the money.

Quicker he goes and the board follow the better. God knows what comes in next though

FFP is way for the Red cartel to keep ambitious clubs from challenging them. It's load off rubbish anyway.

In my opinion you should be allowed to spend what you have. I get its not acceptable to spend money you don't have. The rules need to change to allow clubs being able to have ambition and challenge for the title.

Fully agree. The rules keep the rich rich and the bigger global clubs at the top making ££, therefore can spend a fortune every summer. The rest have to know their place and stay in their lane. Newcastle having to get creative with sponsorship deals now or they would hit the problem we did in the next year or so.

Fully agree. The rules keep the rich rich and the bigger global clubs at the top making ££, therefore can spend a fortune every summer. The rest have to know their place and stay in their lane. Newcastle having to get creative with sponsorship deals now or they would hit the problem we did in the next year or so.
I never have a issue if we have let's say Everton becoming the new us/Newcastle. I welcome challenges as it makes it more interesting to watch and more on edge.

The biggest things we football fans all want is exciting, competitive, attractive football. I wasn't born in the 70s and 80s but I would imagine you had lots off competitive title races with different teams.

The biggest mistake our game has ever had was the creation off the Premier League and the money it throws to the same clubs winning it each year meaning nobody challenged Man United (Arsenal were probably the only team that could take their title away) until Chelsea and ourselves got taken over and started to challenge them and they hated it because it threaten them.

I say the more super rich takeovers to clubs other than Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham the better our game will be.

The Everton board would be smoking cigars and quaffing champagne if it was Merseyside Police as they'd know they were in the clear before MP had even knocked on the door. Assuming they could find the fucking door in the first place of course which, as we know, isn't a given.
I won’t be knocking on anybody’s door, thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.