Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they do a Chavski when the new owner comes on IE wipe out all the debt to circumnavigate FFP, same as the Rags will do. Inevitably this loop hole will be closed once certain clubs attain a more favourable financial position.

Meanwhile, we are still subject to in depth charges that with hindsight could have been avoided by structuring the finances differently.
You can’t avoid fake charges inspired by the redshirt bastards.

Everton, Sunderland, Villa, Newcastle, Wednesday, Blackburn… you look at trophies won and title challenges up to about WW2 and they are the top 6 clubs of English football, yet look at their last few decades (and more in some clubs me cases).

Size of club, its history and size of its support means nothing when it comes to the here and now. It’s all about how the club is run.

I wouldn’t say Everton are a disgrace, but they aren’t well run. They’ve probably invested more into their team than Spurs but they hardly ever have the right manager in place and don’t appear to have a long term plan. But they’re still better run than Sunderland and Wednesday have been, and than City were for a few decades.

They should be careful what they wish for at Everton though. Their board did get the right man in place only a few years ago (Ancelotti), it wasn’t their fault he left. They could get a new boardroom in and they could be even worse than the current lot, you never know.
100% but the way Everton has been run is appaling in the extreme, we are seeing the same with Chelsea under Boley, people making shocking business decisions.

Ancelotti was never a good fit for Everton, he was a high class manager coming to the end of his days and just looking to top up his pension, he could not get away from that club quickly enough and Father Christmas (Florentino Perez) came early and Carlo could not believe his good fortune.

Size of club, its history and size of its support means nothing when it comes to the here and now. It’s all about how the club is run.

I was thinking about this. Even if every club was run well and along similar lines.....you would still have 3 clubs every season considered as "failures".

As opposed to the Leeds circus......Everton got their shit together earlier and appointed a manager that gave them a fighting chance.Dyche isnt everyones cup of tea,but he is likeable,clearly well respected,and very much a man for an occasion......he was a good appointment and he deserves the opportunity to try and progress what he has started.

This was my favoured outcome ahead of Leicester and Leeds and it would also have been a huge kick in the bollocks to the plastic dippers they share a City with.which pleases me enormously!

Dyche is also the kind of manager who will grab the board and bully them into making a few signings he needs and that should be enough to keep them up next year.

I always wanted Everton to stay up this year because they’re in such a perilous situation with the new stadium, if they’d been relegated and lost the PL money they could have been wiped out entirely.

Now they have a pretty simple job, stick with Dyche and let him get to 15th for a few years while they sort everything out behind the scenes with owenwrship, FFP and debt.

Dyche is also the kind of manager who will grab the board and bully them into making a few signings he needs and that should be enough to keep them up next year.

I always wanted Everton to stay up this year because they’re in such a perilous situation with the new stadium, if they’d been relegated and lost the PL money they could have been wiped out entirely.

Now they have a pretty simple job, stick with Dyche and let him get to 15th for a few years while they sort everything out behind the scenes with owenwrship, FFP and debt.
Dyche has done a very solid job but will he now become a problem, is he capable of rebuilding that club?

100% but the way Everton has been run is appaling in the extreme, we are seeing the same with Chelsea under Boley, people making shocking business decisions.

Ancelotti was never a good fit for Everton, he was a high class manager coming to the end of his days and just looking to top up his pension, he could not get away from that club quickly enough and Father Christmas (Florentino Perez) came early and Carlo could not believe his good fortune.
It doesn't matter how much regulation you try and bring into football. Clubs will always be bought and sold and if your club is sold to a shit owner then it's in big trouble ... as we well know. It's the same in any business it just seems that there is an overwhelming desire to interfere and exercise a level of control over football clubs that doesn't exist in any other sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.