Everton Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they do a Chavski when the new owner comes on IE wipe out all the debt to circumnavigate FFP, same as the Rags will do. Inevitably this loop hole will be closed once certain clubs attain a more favourable financial position.

Meanwhile, we are still subject to in depth charges that with hindsight could have been avoided by structuring the finances differently.

I dont think FFP is our issue as we are not in Europe, its the PL spend controls. Even if the new owners want to spend ££ im not sure they will be allowed. Absolute farce when owners cant spend their own money. Meant to stop clubs from folding yet not being able to spend a penny the last 2 years and having to sell our best player and top striker is what has killed us!

Hoping between ours and your case the whole thing gets binned. Farcical.

Dyche has done a very solid job but will he now become a problem, is he capable of rebuilding that club?

I don’t see why not. Everton’s squad should be midtable, Dyche will get them sorted, kick out the dickheads and bring in some relatively cheap water carriers.

His target will be 17th and there’s no excuse not to get it at Everton.

Dyche has done a very solid job but will he now become a problem, is he capable of rebuilding that club?
Its a little ironic that early on in the season Luton and Brighton both lost their managers, both going to bigger clubs.
A different scenario to a club sacking their manager and having someone lined up.
Both Nathan Jones and Graham Potter themselves then ended up getting sacked and Chelsea and Southampton in big trouble.
On the other side of it, Luton and Brighton wanted to hold on to Potter and Jones but in the end, they ended up better, one getting promoted to the premier league and the other getting into Europe.

Everton should never have been in this position this season, they've enough decent players not to be struggling.

Again, it shows what happens when you are badly run and the board make shockingly bad managerial choices. Let's be honest, they have all the hallmarks of us back in the 90s!

I watched the game yesterday and if I was a fan, I'd be pissed off that they could do that against Bournemouth but weren't doing it months ago. Make no mistake, there wasn't much quality of show and I think Dyche has a big job on his hands if I'm honest. Part of me thinks that they "needed" to go down to shift the deadwood at the club. I think if they went down, Dyche would bring them straight back up and they'd be a lot keener, fitter and more of a team.

I know Moyes isn't flavour of the month with many people, but he did an immense job there. The reason was they stuck with him, backed him and trusted him. I genuinely think as soon as you end up sacking managers for fun, you're in trouble.

This summer they need to back Dyche and anyone who doesn't want to play for them needs to be shifted AWOL. Better to have a smaller squad of people who WANT to play for the team than a huge squad of lazy fuckers.

I don’t see why not. Everton’s squad should be midtable, Dyche will get them sorted, kick out the dickheads and bring in some relatively cheap water carriers.

His target will be 17th and there’s no excuse not to get it at Everton.
With the teams that have been promoted that should be the minimum.

I dont think FFP is our issue as we are not in Europe, its the PL spend controls. Even if the new owners want to spend ££ im not sure they will be allowed. Absolute farce when owners cant spend their own money. Meant to stop clubs from folding yet not being able to spend a penny the last 2 years and having to sell our best player and top striker is what has killed us!

Hoping between ours and your case the whole thing gets binned. Farcical.
It will get changed/binned depending on how much the rags owe yet need to spend on new players.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.