Everton Thread - 2022/23

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

No matter how bad things get they will always be the team I love.
As they say down Knotty Ash, yer can change yer name, yer wife, yer religion, but yer don't change yer footy team. Come on, Everton!

It will depend on how crappy the others are. EFC lost too many games at home last season against teams they should have beaten.

My ERO has had his fortnight's holiday up here with us and we seem to have spent much of the time visiting places where teams have beaten us - Halifax, York. We bypassed Stockport, Macclesfield 'n Crewe, and didn't get too near Wycombe. Footy can be touch, and if yer have a neighbour who is doing a little bettr at the time it can be a burden, but the suffering is all good for the footballing soul. It allows you to cope with anything in life. Just look at the Rags - can't cope with losing a throwin, ne'er mind a title! I just want to live long enough to see the same thing happen to the Dippers.

BlueLou82

Team supported
Everton
So failing to raise the flag properly on time has finaly resulted in a serious player injury. Godfrey with possible leg break.
Was only a matter of time. Wants fucking off as a rule pronto.

Everybody has been warning them for over a year that it’d result in an injury as well. Such a pointless rule, needs changing.

Nothing will happen as its only us. If that was VVD there would be sweeping changes today.

I was quite positive about this season and yesterday I thought we looked a lot better than last. Chelsea didnt pose that much of a threat but you could see we lacked a striker. Thought we defended quite well apart from Doucoures brain fart.

But the rotten luck and terrible officiating that we had last season has started already. 2 main CB's and our main striker all out for 6-8 weeks possibly (Godfrey more). On top of 2 shocking decisions, one where the ball was well out leading to Godfreys broken leg. The other where Sterling falls/dives and their free kick leads to a pen.

Im left thinking, oh here we go again, another one of them seasons.

Kinkys Left Foot

Team supported
City
They don't like to say "dived". They prefer, made the most of the contact, or he was cute there or even he was clever and earned that but we all know what it is.

BlueLou82

Team supported
Everton
Conor Coady? That’s going to go down well

Dont think he would be anyones first choice but needs must at the minute. Most fans are accepting it for what it is. Mina and Godfrey will be out a while (Mina ankle ligaments) and Keane is dogshit. Lampard will probably play back 5 and Coady is very good in a 3, he just cant play in a 2. Also we lack leaders and characters in the squad - he is both.

A loan for a PL proven England International is probably the best we can hope for at the minute as any money we have left has to go towards a striker

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.