Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I've understood the article correctly, one of the things Everton are punished for is building a new stadium, and the way they financed it. Everybody agrees that that stadium was long overdue. I have difficulty in understanding in this day and age that a club can be punished for building a new home for themselves. Apart from anything else, it is secondarily a facility for the league that the club happen to find themselves in (whether it be the PL or the Championship next season).
Just looks stupid to me.
And the Dippers got away with failing FFP due to a 50 million allowance in the books for a new stadium that never happened

Genuine question but with the Rags failing Uefa FFP where is the PL investigation into them ?
The Media went to pains to tell us they only just failed without mentioning figures but Everton losses were just 16 million over 3 years so surely the Rags accounts need looking at
Just a "minor" breach - nothing to see here ;)

On the PSR stuff, I don't understand why there isn't a simple sliding scale. 0-9% over - X points, 10-29% over, - y points etc, etc. Everyone would know where they stood then

Genuine question but with the Rags failing Uefa FFP where is the PL investigation into them ?
The Media went to pains to tell us they only just failed without mentioning figures but Everton losses were just 16 million over 3 years so surely the Rags accounts need looking at
Blaspemy... (shout the PL)

So if I've understood the article correctly, one of the things Everton are punished for is building a new stadium, and the way they financed it. Everybody agrees that that stadium was long overdue. I have difficulty in understanding in this day and age that a club can be punished for building a new home for themselves. Apart from anything else, it is secondarily a facility for the league that the club happen to find themselves in (whether it be the PL or the Championship next season).
Just looks stupid to me.
The new stadium wouldn't be considered in psr calculations had the Everton board not fucked up in following the very rules they voted for.

More chance of me shagging Miss World than the premier league looking into any of the red shirted cartels books. Witch hunts are confined to Citys accounts only.

Just looks stupid to me.

It's another joke of a rule that's clearly designed to hamstring teams that aren't in the old 'top 4' that already just happen to have the biggest stadiums etc, complete coincidence that they don't want anyone else building a big stadium so they can earn more matchday revenue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.