Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Because they only went over by a few million whereas the rags are hundreds of million in debt yet continue to spend with impunity.

This forensic examination of clubs’ finances was orchestrated by Utd because they feared they could no longer just outspend everyone, other clubs were catching up and overtaking them. Sky and the PL wanted a one club league, with their rag cash cow prevailing each season over one of their other favourites, Liverpool or Arsenal, with one of those winning it occasionally to keep it ‘interesting’.

Chelsea came along and fucked that up for them, then us, now Newcastle. The rag cunts and their sycophants are running scared and looking for ways to drag football back to the 90s. Everton are an easy first target, no threat, not a huge overspend, but a warning to others that this financial witch-hunt has some teeth. These ‘rules’ are just contrived to help Utd. Every other club should be fighting this arbitrary financial bollocks.

How can it be ok to be £400m in debt but not ok to overspend by less than a third of what the rags paid for Maguire?
I think that this message needs sharing with a wider audience.

In the season's 2011 - 2013 inclusive LFC made losses of 40 million and 48 million respectively yet were allowed to class this as " allowable stadium expenditure "
10 years later we overspend by 19.8 million and are penalised.
City fans have said this for years and I wish the likes of Everton, Villa and Newcastle fans can understand how pathetic FFP is and was formed to protect the elite clubs at the time the so called G14. I think the penny has dropped with Newcastle fans now at least.
FFP was never introduced for the protection of clubs , never has been and never will. Its a farce in my opinion and a lot of clubs can only grow so far and have been hindered . Yet United nearly a billion in debt and are fine.

The point is that the rules are slanted in favour of certain clubs who it appears can do what they want, the PL need to apply their rules evenly or not have them at all.
They cant even apply the rules consistently to 2 clubs from the same City. Liverpool had a £50 mil loss miraculously put against a new Stadium (that was never ever getting built) and walked away scot free without punishment!!

So we went over by £19m.

But the 10pts deduction could be the difference in 5 or 6 places, which is £12-15m. Then if other clubs sue it could cost millions more.

Where is the incentive to work with the PL? If I was Newcastle now, i'd be saying fuck the rules, go for it and we will buy that much quality the 12pt max deduction wont matter.

So we went over by £19m.

But the 10pts deduction could be the difference in 5 or 6 places, which is £12-15m. Then if other clubs sue it could cost millions more.

Where is the incentive to work with the PL? If I was Newcastle now, i'd be saying fuck the rules, go for it and we will buy that much quality the 12pt max deduction wont matter.
The points deduction would matter though - as it would probably mean no C/L for them and one of the 'favoured' clubs (rags) getting their spot.

The points deduction would matter though - as it would probably mean no C/L for them and one of the 'favoured' clubs (rags) getting their spot.

Not if they get to your level, the level they want. 12 points to you now may mean a struggle for the title but you would still piss the CL spots.

Cant see them making CL as it stands. It will take them 5 or 6 years to get to where you are due to the restraints. All the while, yourselves, Arsenal, Spurs etc can still spend on quality players too. So they will always be playing catch up really if the follow the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.