Everton Thread | 2024/25

Really? Little Arms makes Bravo look commanding. The guy has been stealing a living with his poor imitation of a keeper for years. Don't know how he's got away with it.
I find he's a good shot-stopper, most of the time anyway. Just need to stop pretending he's a ball-playing keeper.

You can only admire Everton’s always say die attitude. Even at 2-0 up they never lost belief they could lose last weekends game.
The mood in the dressing room now must be that there’s no limit to what they can fail to achieve….
Reminds me of a good few teams we've had! Remember that game at The Etihad v Fulham? Two nil up and Fulham with Woy at the helm save themselves from relegation, and IIRC one of our exes got the winner!

Crazy to think we were looking at him before Ederson came along
Pickford? I didn't know that. Even with top quality defenders in front of him he's a disaster waiting to happen. He has no distribution skills, none whatsoever. Every time he's called upon to actually do something to earn his corn he goes full psycho on his defenders, screaming at them like a demented banshee.

Fuck that, I'd have preferred Mary Pickford (one for us FoC's)in goal to him.

He is a decent keeper.He has been decent at international level as well.
Not being good enough for City does not make you shite.
There are a good number of PL goalies whose distribution is on the same level as Pickers, and some who are worse. Eddie's is so much more advanced than anyone in the league that nearly every other PL goalie looks poor.

Really? Little Arms makes Bravo look commanding. The guy has been stealing a living with his poor imitation of a keeper for years. Don't know how he's got away with it.
Glad I'm not the only one. He's alright for England and he's a generally decent reaction stopper but every other area of his game is dogshit. Not just "Not as good as Ederson" just fully dogshit. Can't command his box, his kicking and distribution are diabolical, and his positioning is woeful. The reason his arms always look so short is because he always dives from the wrong place. He'll dive for a shot that's landing way inside his post and he'll make it look like it's gone in the postage stamp. Rubbish keeper who has been holding Everton's play back for years but cos he's got decent enough reactions to bail them out in a relegation decider they keep paying him top dollar. He's alright for England for some reason but even then, England have made it to the last two Euros finals only to watch Pickford punt it out of play every five minutes and give the ball back to the opposition. There's a reason he's only finished in the top half of the PL twice in his entire career and that nobody's come in for him, ever.

Last edited:
Pickford really is an awful goalkeeper. I must say, though, that he is entertaining to watch. The dives he makes after the ball is already in the net are hilarious. Look at the Haaland header at Goodison when we effectively won the league and then think of a ten year old boy in the playground. He's an absolute fraud.

Pickford? I didn't know that. Even with top quality defenders in front of him he's a disaster waiting to happen. He has no distribution skills, none whatsoever. Every time he's called upon to actually do something to earn his corn he goes full psycho on his defenders, screaming at them like a demented banshee.

deflect criticism

Think it was whilst he was at Sunderland before we got Eddy and he signed for Everton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.