Everton V City Post Match Thread

Mister Appointment said:
Overall I think we did well to come away from Goodison with a point considering they put in their best performance in the league so far this season. If they had shown as much commitment to the tackle, as much defensive organisation, as much desire in previous games they wouldn't be where they are in the league.

From our point of view, the only reason we didn't take 3 points is profligacy in the final third when the opportunities were raining our way - especially in the first half. In games like this a point is a good point because I expected Everton to actually nick the win.

Really disappointed but not surprised in the criticism which Mangala is getting. Lets be clear about something, on his day Lukaku is unplayable. Saturday was just that, his day. His strength, pace, movement, all would've caused any defender a huge headache. Under the circumstances I think Mangala did just fine and was no better/worse than anyone else who started for us.

Wouldn't say I expected Everton to nick the win but it was a real concern and it wouldn't be anything like the first time they had done it to us if they had. Otherwise, I agree.

On Mangala, I his passing was a fair way below his usual standard but I thought he did well enough defensively against a very difficult opponent. I thought he was somewhat unlucky to be penalised and booked when he stopped one Lukaku rampage. Bottom line is that Manga is a target at the moment.

Completely agree about Lukaku. He is a handful for any defender, even on an off day. and Saturday was not an off day. Given Mangala's age, he could be playing for us ten years from now — people are forgetting that. This is his first season with us. Yes, the club paid big bucks for him, and so people expect it to pay off straight away. For the time being, he's been uneven — when he's good he's very good, when he's poor he's surprisingly poor — that's the kindest thing you say. He'll be a big player for us.

stonerblue said:
I backed Lukaku for golden boot at the last world cup. ..

He scored once, compared to the 6 of Rodriguez. Is this something you want to be highlighting 6 months after the event?

Good game all round dissapointing to concede so soon after scoring, don't be to hard on Joe Hart none of the defenders challenged for that cross so he obviously thought he had to. Yet again no defensive co ordination leads to us conceding a soft goal. Instead of buying forwards we need to be investing in some quality defenders Mangala is crap and clumsy de mechelis isn't quick enough and the least said about Clichy the better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.