Everton V City Post Match Thread

morning everybody

reading the headlines this morning we have lost ground Chelsea are back top of the league
its a media hate they defo hate Manchester city

I feel its a good point at everton with players missing and on a very wet windy day its not droped points its a well earned point to a good everton team at there ground its still in our hands and if we beat arsenal and Chelsea in the next 2 games we will be top

the media are all over Manchester city they love nothing more than beating us up with crap about nothing fuck me we are on a non losing run of 12 games how is than bad news

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I want to put in my word in favour of Jesus Navas and have my say on Mangala, since they seem to be the scapegoats of choice.

Navas has improved greatly since he arrived and has developed into a genuine midfielder. A year ago he was a lightening quick winger who left full backs for dead and then, all too often, hoofed the cross far too long. Now he is much more attentive to the defensive part of his game (influence of Zaba?), breaks quickly through the middle or down the flank and gets us up the field quickly. In the games against Everton this season and last it has been noticeable how little Coleman and/or Baines have got forward. Jesus's reluctance to cross first time is a frustration, but their isn't always anyone to cross to, especially with all our strikers out, and his finishing is patchy. But overall I think Jesus is a valuable member of the squad and well worth his place in the team.

Mangala cost £30m+ - hardly his fault - and has given some very patchy performances, from a stunning display which nullified Costa completely, to an own goal, a penalty conceded and a sending off! There are those on here who argue that he is young and that he needs time. On GMR last night Fred Eyre was pointing out that time was the one thing .you rarely got in the Pl, and on the whole this is true. Not at City though, Fred! Pellegrini believes the lad will get better and more consistent with time and his is an opinion which commands respect. He can also point out that he has already been proved right in the case of MDM, who struggled a year ago, but then grew into what Pellers said all ong that he was - a calm influence of immense experience who reads the game exceptionally well. Calm enough it turns out to organise the Argentine back line in a World Cup final!

And yesterday Mangala came face to face with Lukaku. In case we forget he is a £25m striker of real pace, good close control and enormous raw power. He's a bit inconsistent himself, but on his day (eg yesterday!) he's more than a handful for any CB.

Thank God for a considered and intelligent perspective, especially of Jesus Navas.

Navas always puts in a big shift(remember his tackle in our penalty area against Sheffield Wednesday), doesn`t hide if he makes a mistake ,rarely loses the ball and has an excellent chance created ratio.

City1974 said:
Think we will just fall short in the title race, if we should now fail to beat Arsenal and then Chelsea in the next 2 league games.

Played OK yesterday, but need to be more clinical when in control of the game and take chances. Hopefully Aguero can do this in the next 2 league games for us with Kompany adding a little more for us in defence.

On current evidence Jovetic just seems short of the high standards we want now from all our players. If we can get to after the Chelsea game level or ahead or even only 2 points off, them maybe Bony (if we sign him) + Aguero will fire us to the Title. (with Edin as backup chipping in when required) and a settled central pair of Kompany + Demichelis or Kompany + Mangala.

If after the Arsenal and Chelsea games we are 4 + points behind the leaders I think that may well be it, and we then need to ensure finishing above Trafford.

Tell me your wumming

Alan Oakes Shinpads said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I want to put in my word in favour of Jesus Navas and have my say on Mangala, since they seem to be the scapegoats of choice.

Navas has improved greatly since he arrived and has developed into a genuine midfielder. A year ago he was a lightening quick winger who left full backs for dead and then, all too often, hoofed the cross far too long. Now he is much more attentive to the defensive part of his game (influence of Zaba?), breaks quickly through the middle or down the flank and gets us up the field quickly. In the games against Everton this season and last it has been noticeable how little Coleman and/or Baines have got forward. Jesus's reluctance to cross first time is a frustration, but their isn't always anyone to cross to, especially with all our strikers out, and his finishing is patchy. But overall I think Jesus is a valuable member of the squad and well worth his place in the team.

Mangala cost £30m+ - hardly his fault - and has given some very patchy performances, from a stunning display which nullified Costa completely, to an own goal, a penalty conceded and a sending off! There are those on here who argue that he is young and that he needs time. On GMR last night Fred Eyre was pointing out that time was the one thing .you rarely got in the Pl, and on the whole this is true. Not at City though, Fred! Pellegrini believes the lad will get better and more consistent with time and his is an opinion which commands respect. He can also point out that he has already been proved right in the case of MDM, who struggled a year ago, but then grew into what Pellers said all ong that he was - a calm influence of immense experience who reads the game exceptionally well. Calm enough it turns out to organise the Argentine back line in a World Cup final!

And yesterday Mangala came face to face with Lukaku. In case we forget he is a £25m striker of real pace, good close control and enormous raw power. He's a bit inconsistent himself, but on his day (eg yesterday!) he's more than a handful for any CB.

Thank God for a considered and intelligent perspective, especially of Jesus Navas.

Navas always puts in a big shift(remember his tackle in our penalty area against Sheffield Wednesday), doesn`t hide if he makes a mistake ,rarely loses the ball and has an excellent chance created ratio.
+1

ono said:
The number of ridiculous free kicks we give away around the penalty is nothing short of amateur. Zabaleta is the main one for this.

Correct, but it's a brave man who criticises Zabalrta on this website. He did the same thing at Leicester and Southampton, but thankfully we weren't punished.

Same with Mangala and given our worrying trend of conceding from set pieces it's becoming a concern.

City1974 said:
Think we will just fall short in the title race, if we should now fail to beat Arsenal and then Chelsea in the next 2 league games.

Played OK yesterday, but need to be more clinical when in control of the game and take chances. Hopefully Aguero can do this in the next 2 league games for us with Kompany adding a little more for us in defence.

On current evidence Jovetic just seems short of the high standards we want now from all our players. If we can get to after the Chelsea game level or ahead or even only 2 points off, them maybe Bony (if we sign him) + Aguero will fire us to the Title. (with Edin as backup chipping in when required) and a settled central pair of Kompany + Demichelis or Kompany + Mangala.

If after the Arsenal and Chelsea games we are 4 + points behind the leaders I think that may well be it, and we then need to ensure finishing above Trafford.

A lot of similiar posts in 2012 & 2014 , we were going to fall short of winning the premiership etc etc , actually think when vinny , aguero and bony are in the side we will again disappoint the media and beat their darlings to the premiership. Chelski are not the side the pundits think they are , massively overrated and Maureen will be happy with a draw on 31st January , keep the faith

ono said:
The number of ridiculous free kicks we give away around the penalty is nothing short of amateur. Zabaleta is the main one for this.

I agree we do give uneccesary free kicks away in dangerous areas (as most clubs do to be honest). A lot of the free kicks awarded against us though, dare I say, might not be awarded to other "media favoured" clubs, if you get my drift.

Armaan said:
Anyone who thinks we're gonna go to Stamford bridge without Yaya and win is on crack. Please bookmark this post! Everton away usually is a tough tough game but today was a chance we didn't take, it was a game we needed to win because realistically if we lose at Stamford bridge we could be 5 points behind again. This is gonna be harder than last season to win the title now.

Pls order my crack supply then. Just curious, do you think our chances of winning at the Bridge are better or worse than going to Rome in a country where we've never won before minus Aguero, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva (for 3/4 of the game)?

Chelsea are looking decidedly vulnerable. They were very ordinary against Tottenham and equally poor in the first half yesterday. A better side than Newcastle would have punished them and got at least a point. I'm not saying we are favourites, but I expect us to get at least a draw there.

homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:
Maybe a few of you need to pull your heads out of your arses and stop slagging individual players off, we win as a team, we draw and lose as a team, either get behind us or fuck off somewhere your ilk will welcome you, like trafford.

Why don't you fuck off?

If the cap fits.....

You know where trafford is, get yourself over there and have a good old moan, they are playing at home today I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.