Everton v City post match

I just don't follow Pep's mentality. He had a choice, either go with the first team players we had and back them and say they were now his players and make it work, or he had to bin them and go with youth.

He chose to raise questions about players like Kun who hasn't been the same since, and binned of the likes of Yaya, Nasri and co.

He hasn't followed through on it though. Everton were prepared to pick Davies today, Liverpool are prepared to play Arnold at Old Trafford. Maffeo, A Garcia should have been regulars this season and Tosin should have had more game-time. It's not about whether they make it long-term, it's them being a fresh impetus to the side, less baggage and bringing something different that the first teamers clearly can't provide because the results prove it. Just because Zaba has a good game in midfield doesn't mean it's suited to him as a spot, just because Sagna puts a good cross in or Clichy scores a goal, it's not enough. He has a £40m winger he's barely using but who helped win us the last big game we played.

Pep is doing exactly what Pelle did with Bony over Kelechi which pissed everyone off. I expected more from him, I expected that once he saw the first teamers let him down he would turn to the youth and give them the chance and build around the few key players he wants to keep. So far there is very little difference to Pelle, playing his favourites or first team pros on big contracts at all costs, even if it means they play out of position or aren't as effective with the players around them, and not only giving them a fair chance but then turning to others and giving them a fair crack to prove themselves.

It's frustrating. It's the same old players, doing the same old shit. Conte went in to Chelsea and fitted the team into a system that suited his best player, and it doesn't matter if it means Alonso/Moses have to play for the good of the team over Fabregas/Pedro/Willian. Likewise, Klopp will leave out Sakho/Moreno/Sturridge for the good of picking "lesser" players who will do their job and make the team better. Pochettino binned most of the expensive rubbish bought for him at Spurs and took the good and added lesser thought of players to make the team better.

City stick Zaba in CM, continue playing past-it full backs, continuing picking the keeper in worse form and continue picking Yaya/Silva/KDB/Kun in the same line-up even though it never really works.

Ask yourself, did you ever wanted Joe Hart to be out of our team ? The thought never crossed me. Yes, he had loss of form and howlers and had to be dropped occasionally, but he always came back good. That's not what I feel towards Bravo.
Mate, bravo hasnt been good enough, but that doesnt mean hart is.

This season should have been a meeting of the two halves - the players we have and what they are capable of achieving realistically, and Pep's penchant for his style of football. It seems the two are at odds, instead of being moulded together to deliver what the money should have delivered.

If I've understood your post correctly it's fucking stupid. It might help short term but then next season you've got players that have only a slight idea of what Guardiola wants so we would be starting all over again.

I dont because it implies both Khaldoon and Mansour are fucking idiots being taken for a ride and not for one second do i believe that.

Perhaps they have took their eye off the ball, they are not exactly football men are they.

We were unlucky as we were denied a clear penalty when Sterling was quite clearly fouled by Everton's keeper. But that shouldn't detract away from the fact that we were wasteful, whereas Everton were ruthless.

The referee should not have had a call to make, Sterling should take that first time, shoot hard and low and we go 1-0, different game..

He finishing is simply appalling for a player with his talent and ability.

Been on this site for a few years now as I like to use it to tap into the general feeling and consensus. I'm not usually tempted to post, but that really was a shambles today.....made me truly angry watching!!

I've been trying to kid myself that us missing chance after chance at one end and conceding with every shot at the other is just a run of bad luck!

I don't like slagging the team and want anyone who plays for City to be successful, but:

Bravo hasn't made a decent save since he joined us. Doesn't look like saving anything

John Stones is the most psssive defended I've seen for a long time...backs off far too much, and error prone at the moment.

Full backs are a well documented weakness.

Aguero just looks angry at the moment!

Midfield lacks energy and any defensive shape.

We are not getting the best out of our best players (KDB, Silva, Sterling)

Kelechi seems to have gone backwards this year...although he hasn't been given many opportunities.

Pep needs to get back to basics. He looks she'll shocked at the moment and the season could really unravel if we're not very careful.

Clean sheets are king. A top class keeper and Centre half would make a huge difference, but I think business will be done in the summer and we will have to soldier on this year. I can't see us making top 4....let's pray we get it right in one of the cups (FA or CL)

First post since 2014? Classy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.