Everton v City post match

Think Bravo & Willy will both be gone in the summer now.

As will Zabba, Clichy, Yaya, Delph, Navas & one of Kolorov or Sanga.

Doesn't make for a good squad dynamic.

Pep or the players?
We've been told and shown that great managers do fine with whatever is at their disposal, i.e Pellegrini at Málaga and so.
It's Pep, methinks. He's got to re-engineer this shambles, prontissimo.
Or, fuck this season and rebuild from the next.

I honestly dont think its so complex. If you give away goals and in the same match dont put your chances away chances are you will lose. Thats what has been happening. Pep needs to work out how to sort these 2 issues out and then we will start winning well.eg WHU 5-0.

Perhaps they have took their eye off the ball, they are not exactly football men are they.

Maybe they have but imo and it is only my opinion, they have got the team they want, built the finances required long term to compete at the very top and they will give them the time to implement what has always been a long term plan, 5 years, 10 years etc etc.

Shambolic.

Only de Bruyne and Silva for about 20 mins each played well. Both poor 2nd half. Sagna ok.

The second half was so spineless it was untrue.

That 4th goal summed us up.

Let's go through the rest of them.

Bravo- not good enough. Saves nothing. How can players be confident with him behind them. his angles are all wrong.

Clichy - oh dear. Past it 3 years ago

Stones - rubbish. He needs to get his head in the right place because he is not having a good season.

Ottamendi- what was he doing for their 2nd goal?

Toure - played too deep and sloppy.

Zab - past it

Sterling - missed two great chances and went missing afterwards. Poor.

Aguero - where was he today? After fucking up twice this season you think he would be busting his bollocks. Looked like he didn't give a shit.

Kelechi - awful performance. Div 1 standard.

We can't really judge pep this season as he's working with mainly post pellegrini players,in my opinion we've got to drag ourselves through this season and start afresh and let pep bring in his own players,to be honest it might even do us good if we have no European football next season so we can rebuild properly,if we still come up short next year then we have a right to criticise him,surely he must know who needs to go.

He made 0 saves today and let in 4. He is obviously several levels down on what a title chasing team needs in goal. He is the 19th rated GK in the PL. We've spent £17m on a fraudster.
Since when did the Premier League go down to 19 teams?

Been on this site for a few years now as I like to use it to tap into the general feeling and consensus. I'm not usually tempted to post, but that really was a shambles today.....made me truly angry watching!!

I've been trying to kid myself that us missing chance after chance at one end and conceding with every shot at the other is just a run of bad luck!

I don't like slagging the team and want anyone who plays for City to be successful, but:

Bravo hasn't made a decent save since he joined us. Doesn't look like saving anything

John Stones is the most psssive defended I've seen for a long time...backs off far too much, and error prone at the moment.

Full backs are a well documented weakness.

Aguero just looks angry at the moment!

Midfield lacks energy and any defensive shape.

We are not getting the best out of our best players (KDB, Silva, Sterling)

Kelechi seems to have gone backwards this year...although he hasn't been given many opportunities.

Pep needs to get back to basics. He looks she'll shocked at the moment and the season could really unravel if we're not very careful.

Clean sheets are king. A top class keeper and Centre half would make a huge difference, but I think business will be done in the summer and we will have to soldier on this year. I can't see us making top 4....let's pray we get it right in one of the cups (FA or CL)

You should post more mate.

Silva: peripheral
De Bruyne: anonymous
Sterling: confused
Aguero: disinterested

I wouldn't mind, but they were probably our best players in the first half.

Don't know if this is to be taken seriously. KDB put in two passes in the first half that no other player on the pitch could have even thought of, let alone executed. Sterling was looking a threat. Sergio was completely ineffective, right through the match. Second half, not one of City's players can be defended. Not one. Worst performance of the season, overall.

Onwards and upwards, eh? (Couldn't get worse anyway. Could it?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.