Everton v City post match

Been on this site for a few years now as I like to use it to tap into the general feeling and consensus. I'm not usually tempted to post, but that really was a shambles today.....made me truly angry watching!!

I've been trying to kid myself that us missing chance after chance at one end and conceding with every shot at the other is just a run of bad luck!

I don't like slagging the team and want anyone who plays for City to be successful, but:

Bravo hasn't made a decent save since he joined us. Doesn't look like saving anything

John Stones is the most psssive defended I've seen for a long time...backs off far too much, and error prone at the moment.

Full backs are a well documented weakness.

Aguero just looks angry at the moment!

Midfield lacks energy and any defensive shape.

We are not getting the best out of our best players (KDB, Silva, Sterling)

Kelechi seems to have gone backwards this year...although he hasn't been given many opportunities.

Pep needs to get back to basics. He looks she'll shocked at the moment and the season could really unravel if we're not very careful.

Clean sheets are king. A top class keeper and Centre half would make a huge difference, but I think business will be done in the summer and we will have to soldier on this year. I can't see us making top 4....let's pray we get it right in one of the cups (FA or CL)

I dont because it implies both Khaldoon and Mansour are fucking idiots being taken for a ride and not for one second do i believe that.

That's very true, but come on, do you think Khaldoon and Mansour are looking at our transfer business and thinking "brilliant lads, keep it up"?

Ironically peps best chance of succeeding at city would mean sacking his best mate. Never going to happen unfortunately.

Pep didn't need to play Yaya and Zab together in midfield. Delph and Garcia are both fit. Not the best players but they at least have working legs. We also had a promising young right back who played a blinder against the rags but Pep decided to ship off on loan. Hart is simply a better keeper than Bravo but was shipped out on loan. Nolito seems to have been banished to the reserves for whatever reason. There are options in this squad. Pep just turned his nose up at them cos they can't play "his way". If he was willing to bend even slightly this season and make the most of what he has got then maybe we could get through this season and then replace the players who need replacing in the summer. Instead he stubbornly plods on trying to hammer square pieces into round holes.

A midfield pairing of Yaya and Zabaleta is 3 years out of date. Not just in terms of the players and their age, but in terms of the demands on central midfield players in the prem these days. Other sides (not even just the top sides) have very dynamic and athletic midfield players. These two are pedestrian.

Pep made a major call in the summer Re Hart, probably for more than purely football reasons BUT the signing of Bravo has been a disaster.
Lots of managers get keeper signings wrong. The good ones get rid when the penny drops.
It's the single most important position. A good one's good, a brilliant one wins you points and intimidates opponents, a crap one undoes everything good about a team.
Have Barcelona ever had a great keeper?
Of all the teams in the Prem, we need the strongest most obstinate characters on the pitch and we've got some right shrinking violets. This is the most anonymous, faceless keeper I can remember seeing. He should be a butler or something.

Take your point, but no way can you say Pep is far superior as a tactician. I can't for the life of me remember Mancini losing games by 4 goals like Leicester and today.

We had a few 3-0 defeats under him. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal. and we were awful in the CL under him.

Then do so. Cos you ain't a real fan anyway. If we had Coco the Clown as manager (as opposed to in net) a true fan would still support the team. Doesn't mean they are happy with what is happening though

I aint a real fan anyway.

I've been through Swales & I'm not going through it again so a bunch of kneejerk fucking wankers can have their fix of sackings.

And fuck anyone who tries to bring that kind of club back.

There is a problem of playing players who are out the door in 6 months.

Today five of the seven players whose main responsibility was to defend already know they're gone in the summer.

And there's no captain on the field with the authority to bollock them.

If the management has plan for what comes next they better bring that forward or it will be the same until the end of the season.

A lot of us thought that last season, but the buggers are still here. Hart Nasri and Managala went when it should have been Kolarov, Otamendi, Clichy and Toure

Why unlucky? Sterling who I might add was decent today, should have scored....he did not

We were unlucky as we were denied a clear penalty when Sterling was quite clearly fouled by Everton's keeper. But that shouldn't detract away from the fact that we were wasteful, whereas Everton were ruthless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.