Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Reading some of the deluded comments left on here by so called City supporters is hilarious. Cup final this cup final that. It was a league game coming off the back of one of the most pitiful performances many Evertonians had ever had the misfortune of seeing. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Manchester City or QPR, regardless of who it was that turned up they were going to be up against a team who were out for blood.

Some City supporters it seems are either bandwagon jumper and have delusions of grandeur or are quickly turning into cringeworthy kopites with a nice side line in talking complete shite.

Everton are a bigger club than City full stop end of story. Think not ? Then get you're history out and lets compare eh.

Goodison has few peers when its rocking and rolling, many a team have gone to bits, you weren't the first and you will not be the last. No shame in it.

I do not dislike City I wish them well but lose the big I am comments because you simply are not on that level......yet.

Badwool76 said:
Reading some of the deluded comments left on here by so called City supporters is hilarious. Cup final this cup final that. It was a league game coming off the back of one of the most pitiful performances many Evertonians had ever had the misfortune of seeing. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Manchester City or QPR, regardless of who it was that turned up they were going to be up against a team who were out for blood.

Some City supporters it seems are either bandwagon jumper and have delusions of grandeur or are quickly turning into cringeworthy kopites with a nice side line in talking complete shite.

Everton are a bigger club than City full stop end of story. Think not ? Then get you're history out and lets compare eh.

Goodison has few peers when its rocking and rolling, many a team have gone to bits, you weren't the first and you will not be the last. No shame in it.

I do not dislike City I wish them well but lose the big I am comments because you simply are not on that level......yet.

Everton will never be a bigger club than City ..... even if we really had NO history !

Yes , Goodison can have it's moments ...... but Maine Road could , on its finest occasions , equal ANY grounds atmosphere.

Everton deserved the points yesterday , if only because they wanted them more ....... you held on in the final 20 minutes , broke away , and scored a second goal .... but prior to that , your opening goal aside , the game was hardly full of genuine quality , more a case of Everton putting in a bit more effort than our own side did.

black mamba said:
Badwool76 said:

Everton will never be a bigger club than City ..... even if we really had NO history !

Yes , Goodison can have it's moments ...... but Maine Road could , on its finest occasions , equal ANY grounds atmosphere.
I have a feeling you actually believe that. Deluded.
Everton are the 4th most successful team in English football. Only Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal are more successful. Don't see City in there do you ?
I remember going to Maine road and having railway stones throw at me in the Kippax stand. Proper horrible place it used to be and one the best away trips BITD. Now going to City is like a day out. Its a shame the way English football grounds have gone. I sort of feel for you in a way because as old and decrepit as Goodison is it still hasn't lost that rabid snarling atmosphere when it matters

Badwool76 said:

Shame it wasn't "rocking and rolling" in the FA Cup quarter final against Wigan Athletic last week isn't it? Do you not find it strange that both yourselves and Liverpool seem able to go up a couple of gears for the visits of each other, City and United? Kind of like Oldham when the two of you went to Boundary Park for ties a month or two ago.

Akai said:
if it wasn't for the FA Cup Semi .. Mancini would have been sacked by the end of this match.

embarrassing.

In your humble opinion of course. You are inclined to present statements like this as facts when indeed, they are knee jerk reactions about someone whose team are still champions and in second place this year - as well as still being in the FA cup

citykev28 said:
Badwool76 said:

Shame it wasn't "rocking and rolling" in the FA Cup quarter final against Wigan Athletic last week isn't it? Do you not find it strange that both yourselves and Liverpool seem able to go up a couple of gears for the visits of each other, City and United? Kind of like Oldham when the two of you went to Boundary Park for ties a month or two ago.
Its called rivalry mate and that's what makes English football special. United and Everton have a sort of grudging respect going though when we play them at our place there is usually no quarter given whereas them and L*verpool fucking detest each other and its nasty.

Everton probably do have something to prove against City because we earned our history the old fashioned way whereas City have the Chelsea thing going on. No bitterness from me though that's modern football for you. I wish you well.

I don't hate you I never will. I fucking hate L*verpool, that's the game every Evertonian wants to win above all others.

Badwool76 said:
Everton probably do have something to prove against City because we earned our history the old fashioned way whereas City have the Chelsea thing going on.

Sick to death of football fans redefining the word "history". History isn't "bought", "earned", or anything like that... it is the past considered as a whole and we had nearly 130 years of it before we were taken over.

Speaking of "history", City were on the verge of becoming the top team in English football in the early 1900s before the FA invented a corruption case to reverse the rise of a working class northern club they deemed inferior. The football landscape could have been altered forever if not for that.

Badwool76 said:
citykev28 said:
Badwool76 said:

Its called rivalry mate and that's what makes English football special. United and Everton have a sort of grudging respect going though when we play them at our place there is usually no quarter given whereas them and L*verpool fucking detest each other and its nasty.

Everton probably do have something to prove against City because we earned our history the old fashioned way whereas City have the Chelsea thing going on. No bitterness from me though that's modern football for you. I wish you well.

I don't hate you I never will. I fucking hate L*verpool, that's the game every Evertonian wants to win above all others.

Right wanted to ask an Everton fan this for a while. Would you be happy with a City style take over and funding?

LoveCity said:
Badwool76 said:
Everton probably do have something to prove against City because we earned our history the old fashioned way whereas City have the Chelsea thing going on.

Sick to death of football fans redefining the word "history". History isn't "bought", "earned", or anything like that... it is the past considered as a whole and we had nearly 130 years of it before we were taken over.

Speaking of "history", City were on the verge of becoming the top team in English football in the early 1900s before the FA invented a corruption case to reverse the rise of a working class northern club they deemed inferior. The football landscape could have been altered forever if not for that.

Alright then trophies won. I am not having a go just saying it as it clearly is.

Football has changed for the worst, we the supporters are having the collective piss taken out of us. Ticket prices, players attitudes, players wages, sky TV packages. The list is endless.

The atmosphere at Goodison for 90 per cent of the time is weak, god knows what it will be like when we eventually move. I am not sure I could even carry on going when we do though I suppose like every true supporter i'll just cave in and carry on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.