Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Badwool76 said:
bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:
You are clutching at straws and you know it. You would love it if no one cared but sadly for you everyone does care and that's what makes a club great.

dont tel me what i know mate I'm saying it how i feel, wouldn't trade places with you in a million years just cos you have won more in the past do you think im mad, ask anyone in the country in 20 years how city won the title last season and they will tel you in a heart beat, days like that are going to just keep coming and something im afraid you will only see again if a billionaire comes in for you or you get the VHS out
I have gone digital mate but I get you blood I get you innit

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 pm --

Wardie said:
For all the seasons in the top flight efc have won 4 more domestic trophies than City.
Who says mathematics is dead ?

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 pm --

On a serious note though can we play every week ? Because if we could come to some sort of arrangement I think we bring our glory days back super quick. Sort of side steps having to find a billionaire

Don't really get the animosity between Everton and Us. We have both lived in the shadow of our nearest neighbours for significant lengths of time. Had Everton been taken over by Mansour I would only have wished them well,another team to challenge our nearest and dearest.

On another point,unfortunetly Everton and their fans are now going to suffer an endless future of mediocrity due to financial "fair" play. All they have to look forward to is either stagnation or going slowly backwards. Beating the champions will continue to be their biggest game of the season as it would be ours if the situation was reversed.

jabbola said:
My word. 'Our seats are comfier than yours'. 'Our hotdogs taste better than yours'. How pathetic.

The fact is that Manchester City leapfrogged Everton and became the 'bigger' club following your recent investment. I've no problem with that, mainly because it's the truth, but also because Everton were once known as the Mersey Millionaires and did something similar.

I've stuck up for City against other Evertonians in the past (Attendances of 30,000+ when you were in division 3 prove that you're a proper club with a big fan base). Our revenues and attendances have been quite similar over the years as well. I was pleased when you won the league last season.

But the recent changes don't wipe out what went on before, and the truth of the matter is that you still have some way to go before you can say that you have become more successful than Everton Football Club.

Given your financial backing, you may well become more successful than Everton in the coming years, but you are going to have to win quite a few more trophies in order to so. And at the moment, Everton are the more successful club.
we know that you have won more trophies than us, been in the top flight longer than us, you have a long and proud history but please dont go down the line of `you`ve no history` or `your arrogant since the money`, its not true & boring. In short , dont turn in to Arsenal/spurs fans.

jabbola said:
My word. 'Our seats are comfier than yours'. 'Our hotdogs taste better than yours'. How pathetic.

The fact is that Manchester City leapfrogged Everton and became the 'bigger' club following your recent investment. I've no problem with that, mainly because it's the truth, but also because Everton were once known as the Mersey Millionaires and did something similar.

I've stuck up for City against other Evertonians in the past (Attendances of 30,000+ when you were in division 3 prove that you're a proper club with a big fan base). Our revenues and attendances have been quite similar over the years as well. I was pleased when you won the league last season.

But the recent changes don't wipe out what went on before, and the truth of the matter is that you still have some way to go before you can say that you have become more successful than Everton Football Club.

Given your financial backing, you may well become more successful than Everton in the coming years, but you are going to have to win quite a few more trophies in order to so. And at the moment, Everton are the more successful club.
Shut it you don't make me go keyboard warrior on you're arse

This is getting out of hand and I have a work tomorrow so this is where I sign off and go and unload what has been weighing me down all day on the karzee.

I wish you well my friends enjoy the undoubted success money will bring you. I wish we could add to our trophy count in the same manner but alas it doesn't seem written for us. No, a more dreary path seems inevitable but at least I have this bottle of bleach to be going on with.

Night Mancs do sleep well

To be fair i have stepped back a few years and remembered how i felt when Abramovich took over Chelsea.It was a mixture of suprise and ''The lucky sods!'' combined.Chelsea were similar to us for a while,a bit of a yo yo club living on past successes from the sixties and seventies,now they were about to blaze away from us onto a different level,which they duly did.

When we beat them with Anelka's penalty i was ecstatic.All that money and little old skint City beat them....and they didn't lose many in those days!When the joy had worn off though i felt only sadness as i knew [Little did i ever dream!] that that is all we had to look forward to.The odd day in the sun beating one of the big teams,the ones lifting the trophies every season,taking all the headlines in the media,romping off into a European champions league we could only watch,dream and look on with envy on tv.

So i don't begrudge Everton their celebrations yesterday.They outfought us and at times outplayed us on a team built on a fraction of our budget,roared on by a passionate crowd,fired up by Moyes and a sense of injustice over the Lescott transfer and the knowledge we were leaving them behind.Let them enjoy their place in the sun because just as i did when Anelka's penalty beat Chelsea,once that short term joy has subsided,the grim reality that this is all they now have to look forward to will sink in.

I actually feel sorry for the Everton's,the Leeds,the Nottingham Forest's of this world.All great clubs but probably shut out forever now by the greed of the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool and the rags and their gobshite arse kissing chairman like the weeping Kenwright.He should be weeping for voting to keep his club out in the cold and probably denying them their Aguuuuuuurooooooo moment forever.

paulchapo said:
To be fair i have stepped back a few years and remembered how i felt when Abramovich took over Chelsea.It was a mixture of suprise and ''The lucky sods!'' combined.Chelsea were similar to us for a while,a bit of a yo yo club living on past successes from the sixties and seventies,now they were about to blaze away from us onto a different level,which they duly did.

When we beat them with Anelka's penalty i was ecstatic.All that money and little old skint City beat them....and they didn't lose many in those days!When the joy had worn off though i felt only sadness as i knew [Little did i ever dream!] that that is all we had to look forward to.The odd day in the sun beating one of the big teams,the ones lifting the trophies every season,taking all the headlines in the media,romping off into a European champions league we could only watch,dream and look on with envy on tv.

So i don't begrudge Everton their celebrations yesterday.They outfought us and at times outplayed us on a team built on a fraction of our budget,roared on by a passionate crowd,fired up by Moyes and a sense of injustice over the Lescott transfer and the knowledge we were leaving them behind.Let them enjoy their place in the sun because just as i did when Anelka's penalty beat Chelsea,once that short term joy has subsided,the grim reality that this is all they now have to look forward to will sink in.

I actually feel sorry for the Everton's,the Leeds,the Nottingham Forest's of this world.All great clubs but probably shut out forever now by the greed of the likes of Arsenal,Liverpool and the rags and their gobshite arse kissing chairman like the weeping Kenwright.He should be weeping for voting to keep his club out in the cold and probably denying them their Aguuuuuuurooooooo moment forever.

Spot on that mate, United fans never realised how much it meant beating them, suppose toffees are the same when they beat Liverpool.

paulchapo said:

very true, the chairman who voted for ffp in the prem did so because that is their get out of jail card, if the fans shout about not competing for players they just say ` its the rules, we cant spend` etc etc unfortunately the fans of these clubs have let their blind hatred/jealousy of city get in the way of what is good for them, a future of mid table mediocrety or worse is what theyve signed up to.

Badwool76 said:
This is getting out of hand and I have a work tomorrow so this is where I sign off and go and unload what has been weighing me down all day on the karzee.

I wish you well my friends enjoy the undoubted success money will bring you. I wish we could add to our trophy count in the same manner but alas it doesn't seem written for us. No, a more dreary path seems inevitable but at least I have this bottle of bleach to be going on with.

OK, Everton won 3 points. Sleep well.

Badwool76 said:

Fuck off , WORK TOMORROW........ lol

Everton fans frequently throw in the 'history' card.

But despite being told they have a rich and glorious past and we've "got no history", it actually turns out that if you look at the 3 traditional english trophies and chuck in europe, they are trouncing us 15-11

Even better if you only look at the years since the second world war it's 8 each

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.