Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Tricky_Trev said:
Pigeonho said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I wish I lived in your world. Everything seems to be so much better there.
I missed this one! What does he/she mean, 'fighting on two fronts'? He/She really still think we are in contention for the league?! After Saturday I would say we have just put the final layers of bubble wrap on the trophy, and will soon be hand-delivering it on the same knees we've surrendered it on.
It's laughable that some think we are in a title race. We are exactly as far behind the rags as West fucking Brom are behind us! Exactly the same gap.

The eqivalent of Shirley on the West Brom forums probably thinks that they are still fighting for 2nd place in the Prem.

Lancet Fluke said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Pigeonho said:
I missed this one! What does he/she mean, 'fighting on two fronts'? He/She really still think we are in contention for the league?! After Saturday I would say we have just put the final layers of bubble wrap on the trophy, and will soon be hand-delivering it on the same knees we've surrendered it on.
It's laughable that some think we are in a title race. We are exactly as far behind the rags as West fucking Brom are behind us! Exactly the same gap.

The eqivalent of Shirley on the West Brom forums probably thinks that they are still fighting for 2nd place in the Prem.

Exactly! That's the point i'm trying to make. If a West Brom fan said they are still fighting to finish above City in 2nd place, they'd be sectioned.

Shirley said:
The dust has settled and the performance was not as bad as many on here have painted.
We were without the spine of the team and was beaten by a one off wonder goal.
Judgement should be at the end of the season, not while we are still fighting on two fronts.
Serious ?????????

Slight aside from me following another poor showing....but what is going on in these big games...

Everton - defeat last season - shot outside the box
Arsenal - defeat last season - shot outside the box
United - home defeat - winner was freekick from outside box
Liverpool - home draw this season - two shots from outside the box
Everton - defeat this season - 2 shots from outside the box

So on a positive note when these teams have put one past us, its usually required a monster strike from outside the box to win them the game.

On a negative note does that mean we are vulnerable from this.

So sure we have lost to Everton twice now but in each game they only did us via a wonder goal from outside the box - hacks me off no end.

yet another sorry goodison display, year on year we look like, management included, a bunch of pathetic, piss poor, wankstains. They should be ashamed of themselves.........again.

Happy Feet said:
Shirley said:
The dust has settled and the performance was not as bad as many on here have painted.
Judgement should be at the end of the season, not while we are still fighting on two fronts.
Serious ?????????

I can't imagine he is

Benarbia said:
Happy Feet said:
Shirley said:
Serious ?????????

I can't imagine he is

I can recall finishing runners up was not to be scoffed at.

Fcukin new plastics the lot of you.

Another Everton fan here been reading a few of your posts as I read a lot of other forums just out of interest and thought i'd give my two-penneth :-

1 ) Yes we do treat Man city games as "cup final games" but the same is said for when we play Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United. I know Tottenham are above us but I dont think they're seen in the same light.

Interested in knowing what your thoughts are of teams around you ? do you only treat the man united game as a "cup final" like someone said earlier? what about before you got taken over ?

2 ) Hatred between our teams ? does it really exist ? I read some of you hate all evertonians because a few have posted abuse on here ? I've read a few messages on here slagging everton fans off but certainly wouldnt tag all man city fans as hating us ? personally I still feel in general there's no hate amongst us ? maybe a day after a defeat or something! I'm great friends with a couple of man city fans and work with a one. Yeah I gloated but thats the nature of a football fan.

3 ) Mancini and Moyes - becareful what you wish for ! I watched Man city play some of the best football I'd seen last season, maybe not so much this season but it's there somewhere ! As for Moyes I think he gets the best out of what he's got and at the start of this season we played some of the best stuff i've seen us play for years ! yeah we have blips like last week but both good managers and I'm sure they'll both be working hard to get our teams playing the way they want them.

4 ) You're 2nd in the league I cant see you winning it ! and even if you dont win the FA cup which you still have a good chance of 2nd isnt bad.

DRINGOSTAR said:
Another Everton fan here been reading a few of your posts as I read a lot of other forums just out of interest and thought i'd give my two-penneth :-

1 ) Yes we do treat Man city games as "cup final games" but the same is said for when we play Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United. I know Tottenham are above us but I dont think they're seen in the same light.

Interested in knowing what your thoughts are of teams around you ? do you only treat the man united game as a "cup final" like someone said earlier? what about before you got taken over ?

2 ) Hatred between our teams ? does it really exist ? I read some of you hate all evertonians because a few have posted abuse on here ? I've read a few messages on here slagging everton fans off but certainly wouldnt tag all man city fans as hating us ? personally I still feel in general there's no hate amongst us ? maybe a day after a defeat or something! I'm great friends with a couple of man city fans and work with a one. Yeah I gloated but thats the nature of a football fan.

3 ) Mancini and Moyes - becareful what you wish for ! I watched Man city play some of the best football I'd seen last season, maybe not so much this season but it's there somewhere ! As for Moyes I think he gets the best out of what he's got and at the start of this season we played some of the best stuff i've seen us play for years ! yeah we have blips like last week but both good managers and I'm sure they'll both be working hard to get our teams playing the way they want them.

4 ) You're 2nd in the league I cant see you winning it ! and even if you dont win the FA cup which you still have a good chance of 2nd isnt bad.

Good post .......

to be honest i think most City fans on here have given Everton credit for their performance last Saturday , whilst at the same time having a right go at our own team ....... i reckon most City fans expected a far better performance from City at your place , even allowing for a defeat , and it's a fair bet that most Everton fans would probably have expected a better one from us too ..... for your own clubs part , it was always likely that Everton would improve drastically on their poor performance in the Wigan cup game , and fair play to them , they did , and the way your supporters reacted to the win was understandable ... at the end of the day it was a great three points for you.

We can't blame Everton for raising their game , but we HAVE to blame our own club for not matching your effort , because that's what real champions WOULD have done !

But this season has brought many disappointments for us , and that game was just one of them ........ recently we offered minimal effort at Southampton , and the performance at Villa also left a lot to be desired .

Everton haven't really had that bad a league season , your position in the table is healthy .... but that isn't the first time we've asked serious questions of ourselves after a game at Goodison , and it probably won't be the last either .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.