Everton vs. City - Saturday 10th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
start of a big month, need to bring something back from this. if we can remain unbeaten throughout jan i'd be more than pleased. with the injured players coming back we can even win a couple, even missing yaya.
If we win today and against Arsenal, no matter what happens in that Chelsea game I'd be very very confident to go on and win the league. These next two games are so huge.

Armaan said:
de niro said:
start of a big month, need to bring something back from this. if we can remain unbeaten throughout jan i'd be more than pleased. with the injured players coming back we can even win a couple, even missing yaya.
If we win today and against Arsenal, no matter what happens in that Chelsea game I'd be very very confident to go on and win the league. These next two games are so huge.

If Pellers has them motivated, we have more than enough talent in our squad to win these next two, despite Yaya being off and the big guns not yet fully match fit.

Pellers, just wind them up and point them in the right direction and we should prevail

EFC are one of the most disappointing teams of the season.

Why? Because last season's factor - Barkley - has faded. Martinez arrival may have given Goodison a fresh feel, but I believe Everton's strong 2013/14 was due in large part to Barkley.

EFC have some good performances in them, and at some point we'll see them. This is a big challenge for their players, and their fans will be up for one of their biggest games of the season. Let's hope they don't rise to the occasion.

Their central defence is weak, but their fullbacks and forwards are very good. Unfortunately the game comes too soon for Aguero. He would have really given Jagielka problems.

I am much more concerned about Arsenal than the game today. Everton have 4 points from their last 24. They haven't won a game in a month. And whereas they will doubtless play like it's a cup final today, I think we will have too much for them.

Re: City vs. Everton Saturday 10th January

Pokes28 said:
bluemoon98 said:
Martin Atkinson is ref

Many refs I dislike, but he is the only one I despise. However his complete incompetence in the 2009 derby is what made me start following City so I guess there is that silver lining.

Since that game he's 'won' the league, FA Cuo and Carling Cup with us. There are many more refs worse than him.

Just had a look on a few blue scouse forums, about 50% think they'll win (optimists), 30% think they'll get mullered (realists) and the rest just want to see that little twat besic kick the shit out of Kun and Silva. FFS....

Cheadle Blue said:
It's one of the fixtures I hate. The atmosphere is horrendous, the constant booing and jeering, the fans appeal for absolutely every single thing, they raise their game massively for us.

Was gutted they got that last minute equaliser against west ham, as it gives them a bit of a boost.

With the injuries they have it's a real chance, 3points with a stuffy own goal would do me, I hate the fuckers

Wasnt bothered about their draw. A win would have been a boost for them. A defeat would have turned this game into Martinez's last stand, the sort of game where they would be more likely to pull off a surprise. A draw left them muddling along. Their players didnt look too happy afterwards.

acton28 said:
But will we wear our home shirt, or one of our clashing two away shirts...
All logic says it will be the home shirt. As you say, our two "away" shirts will clash with the Everton shirt. Also, several times in recent seasons, Everton have worn their blue shirt when playing at the Etihad, and there's never been any problem/complaint as far as I am aware.

IVFdTvh.png

cibaman said:
Cheadle Blue said:
It's one of the fixtures I hate. The atmosphere is horrendous, the constant booing and jeering, the fans appeal for absolutely every single thing, they raise their game massively for us.

Was gutted they got that last minute equaliser against west ham, as it gives them a bit of a boost.

With the injuries they have it's a real chance, 3points with a stuffy own goal would do me, I hate the fuckers

Wasnt bothered about their draw. A win would have been a boost for them. A defeat would have turned this game into Martinez's last stand, the sort of game where they would be more likely to pull off a surprise. A draw left them muddling along. Their players didnt look too happy afterwards.

and a long journey for a replay on Tuesday to take into account as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.