Everton

ConnorMCFC said:
Everton have a strong first 11 when everyone is fit, one which will be pushing for the top 6 IMO.

however, due to moyes style of football, i dont think he gets the best out of there key players in arteta and cahill.

To watch everton are terrible, get the ball to the full backs, bypass the midfield, win a throw in, get high balls into the box, hope something bobbles for them.

For a few years everton have got away with it, but the bolton/blackburn type of football they play doesnt work all the time, and i think this season is the first they are finding that out
i think this is based around arteta and cahill.how many times has cahill won the game with an header last season and season before.and it got them to a cup final,didnt work for us when pearcey tried it though.

chedinho said:
ConnorMCFC said:
Everton have a strong first 11 when everyone is fit, one which will be pushing for the top 6 IMO.

however, due to moyes style of football, i dont think he gets the best out of there key players in arteta and cahill.

To watch everton are terrible, get the ball to the full backs, bypass the midfield, win a throw in, get high balls into the box, hope something bobbles for them.

For a few years everton have got away with it, but the bolton/blackburn type of football they play doesnt work all the time, and i think this season is the first they are finding that out
i think this is based around arteta and cahill.how many times has cahill won the game with an header last season and season before.and it got them to a cup final,didnt work for us when pearcey tried it though.

normally an arteta set piece and a cahill header, which is won based on percentage football of winning throw ins and free kicks, because with the big lads they have in there team, sooner or later one of them are going to win a header, or something will bobble kindly for them

auction294 said:
City fans being optimistic is so wrong? As opposed to Everton fans believing they have a divine right to finish above City just because they have in the past few years?

I've said it before and I stand by it, Everton have punched above their weight for a few lucky years. They are now getting found out. Even without City's investment are Everton competing with Villa or Spuds? Even Sunderland have the upperhand over them at the minute.
Couldn't agree more. They've had 5th place because there's been little consistency or quality in the other teams. But, as you say, there's us, Spurs, Villa & even Sunderland who can realistically finish above them. Still a decent team on paper though but all teams have to deal with injuries. I mean look at Liverpool - Gerrard & Torres out but you'd hardly know it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
auction294 said:
City fans being optimistic is so wrong? As opposed to Everton fans believing they have a divine right to finish above City just because they have in the past few years?

I've said it before and I stand by it, Everton have punched above their weight for a few lucky years. They are now getting found out. Even without City's investment are Everton competing with Villa or Spuds? Even Sunderland have the upperhand over them at the minute.
Couldn't agree more. They've had 5th place because there's been little consistency or quality in the other teams. But, as you say, there's us, Spurs, Villa & even Sunderland who can realistically finish above them. Still a decent team on paper though but all teams have to deal with injuries. I mean look at Liverpool - Gerrard & Torres out but you'd hardly know it.

With the media making them out as an 'injury ravaged' squad you would know it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.