Every Premier League Title Winner Ranked

Can't disagree with that and it's something to ponder on that if the Sterling goal vs Spurs wasn't ruled offside, would reaching the CL semi have had an affect on our PL form
Oh no!
You had to bring up that disallowed Sterling "winner". Oh my I will never forget that rollercoaster of emotions within 2 mins...
Haha! That's City for you! :-)

The much maligned Nico -
"Unsung hero: Nicolás Otamendi was the best centre-back in the best defence in the league, played more games than any other defender, contributed four goals, won the Etihad Player Of The Month for December and was named in the PFA Team Of The Season by his peer."

I think 19 just pips18. Our run from just after Christmas and the two defeats was arguably one of the greatest the league has seen. PL - W18 L1. LC Cup W3. FA cup W6. CL W3 L1. Total W30 L2.

I can't quite decide if we would have won the lot if we beat Spurs. Two extra games around the Burnley game - could they have got a draw. Would Spurs react and play better after being knocked out.. etc

What I'm sure of is I didn't enjoy it. Game after game having to win. It has horribly stressful.

As a side point my favourite title is 2014. Think as we were pretty much out of it after losing at Anfield and so to come back and win it was fantastic.

As a side point my favourite title is 2014.
tenor.gif

I think that is a decent list, although I would have had both of our two most recent titles about Liverpool. I would also have had Chelsea in 04/05 above last year's winners.

Reasonable list but, to be fair, that United team in 2007/08 was better than 16th. Certainly better than United in 2012/13.

2017/18 is the best team I’ve seen in the PL

That front 6 just had the absolute perfect balance to it, and you know it’s a classic team when the names just roll off the tongue and fit perfectly in to their positions.

..............Fernandinho
...........DeBruyne....Silva
Sterling.........Aguero........Sane

Perfect.

Played the best football, had the best players and has the best record in pretty much every category. No brainer.

I do think the 18/19 would beat the 17/18 team in a one-off game.

The 17/18 team were a bit more vulnerable to being pressed and countered. 95% of the time that's not an issue but against a top quality side the vulnerabilities are there. The 18/19 side were a steely as fuck side and I think they could handle the intense press of the 17/18 side better.

The 5 games against Liverpool from January 2018 to January 2019 showcased the small difference in quality between the two sides.

I do think the 18/19 would beat the 17/18 team in a one-off game.

The 17/18 team were a bit more vulnerable to being pressed and countered. 95% of the time that's not an issue but against a top quality side the vulnerabilities are there. The 18/19 side were a steely as fuck side and I think they could handle the intense press of the 17/18 side better.

The 5 games against Liverpool from January 2018 to January 2019 showcased the small difference in quality between the two sides.
That ignores the grand larceny and bus wrecking in the CL games. Eliminating those, you have a 5-0 and 3-4 in 2017/18 and 0-0 and 2-1 in 2018/19. Not very different.

That ignores the grand larceny and bus wrecking in the CL games. Eliminating those, you have a 5-0 and 3-4 in 2017/18 and 0-0 and 2-1 in 2018/19. Not very different.
I disagree with your logic. I'll leave it there. I stand by my original points comparing the two sides.

I disagree with your logic. I'll leave it there. I stand by my original points comparing the two sides.
You are of course entitled to your opinion. But the CL doesnt corroborate it given the way those games were conducted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.