Every Premier League Title Winner Ranked

You are of course entitled to your opinion. But the CL doesnt corroborate it given the way those games were conducted.
Maybe so, but I don't think there are ANY circumstances in which the 18/19 concede 3 consecutive goals in a game, never mind at the same ground twice.

No they aren't: as the article says, they are probably too high. The article is trying to rank how good the teams are and not how special the title win was. Leicester's win was amazing, the achievement huge, but that is because the team wasn't that good.

The City team that won 100 points was the best ever City side and the best team to win the Premier League. Whilst the achievement of retaining the title and winning it how we did was very special in the following season, allied to the domestic treble, looking just at the league, the Centurions were the better team, just.

Anyway, at least they chose two City teams in the top 3 and no Rag teams.

I'll go ahead and disagree, just as strongly as you seem to feel about it, and i'll stand by what i said.

It was a solid team, of which at least 5 players ended up moving to other top teams, including ours. They won it convincingly enough, not on a fluke.

AND the achievement was so unbelievable that it far outweighs any judgements of their squad, and the two criteria combined should to me have them way higher.

I also think liverpool is way too high. and should not be higher than our domestic sweep team.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and disagree, just as strongly as you seem to feel about it, and i'll stand by what i said.

It was a solid team, of which at least 5 players ended up moving to other top teams, including ours. They won it convincingly enough, not on a fluke.

AND the achievement was so unbelievable that it far outweighs any judgements of their squad, and the two criteria combined should to me have them way higher.

I also think liverpool is way too high. and should not be higher than our domestic sweep team.
personally, I think we should have taken all the top 4 places :-)

Can't knock the winner. That team broke all sorts of records and was pushed all the way. Clawing back a 14 point gap was great but that title was Liverpool's to lose. The greatest ever one off win and title clincher was 93.20 greatest finish to a season and for City fans stuffing Utd in the same finish was the best football experience I have had

The Dippers belong on the list, but they are way too high up. Dropping out of other cup competitions and lifting only the PL title doesn't compare to the things some of the other greats achieved on the list.

"If the pandemic hadn’t intervened (Liverpool’s form slumped thereafter)..." is also incorrect. Liverpool's form slumped before the COVID break. They crashed out of both the FA Cup and CL between 2 weeks.

Same, 100 points is cosmetic, 14 wins in a row to overhaul someone who finished on 97 points is insane, add in the cup wins and its by far and away our best. Dippers win is too high as well, they were under zero pressure from Christmas onwards and fucked off every other comp.
Both City and Liverpool from 18 - 19 were the best version of that team, though that understandably doesn't work for the article regarding Liverpool. A cigarette paper between the two in the league, all four major trophies between them, in a season where a very good Spurs side also reached the CL final based on our missed penalty and a VAR decision, and Arsenal and Chelsea, who we swatted away in a week, also reached the other European final. Liverpool from 19/20 had not only won it, but many of the problems they have currently were emerging in the latter half. I've really never seen anything like that run-in, and I doubt we'll see anything like it again.

It's fine to disagree and I don't feel strongly about Leicester BTW but, given the criteria I think the article is applying, that side doesn't rank that highly against the others even though their achievement does.

The 100 point season and the Domestic Quad season. To surpass those we would have to win the Quad that’s how good we were in those two seasons.

Reactions: OB1
I thought your comment was sarcastic but was pleased to see it was unbiased (I like the way the writer fought back against his obvious editor bias). As I went through the list I was convinced the dippers would be number one but one bit of that transcript annoyed me: “If the pandemic hadn’t intervened (Liverpool’s form slumped thereafter) it’s likely the all-time points record would have been broken.”

Their form slumped before that and if the truth be known they were better the season before (but we were better than that!)

Hah, not to be the guy who just finds something to nitpick but I was going to say the same thing. I won't be hearing any revisionist bollocks about covid stopping them setting that record. There was no 'likely' about them beating it. They may have, may not, but being really good for half a season does not mean you can maintain that till the end, hence why it took us until the final minute of the final match to set the record in the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.