Every Premier League Title Winner Ranked

Plainly biased. The article says this:

“ You could argue that Eric Cantona had the best eyebrows in football and someone would firebomb your house and paint “Manc scum” on the ruins.”

As if anyone from Manchester would find anything good to say about Cantona.

Don't see how anybody can objectively argue against the centurions. All the records, most points ever seen, and the best football this country had ever seen. No other team comes close to taking top spot

Don't see how anybody can objectively argue against the centurions. All the records, most points ever seen, and the best football this country had ever seen. No other team comes close to taking top spot
I'm sorry but the best PL winners ever can't be judged on mere statistics - they require an indefinable je ne sais quoi which infuses the club through its history and tradition. It has to have won back to back titles and been exempted from entry to the FA cup. The title has to have been decided before the last day but not so long before or by such a margin as to demonstrate a lack of respect for the competition. Most important though, by far, is the style of play which must be thoroughly English. The judges should also take into account the playing colours of the contending clubs which must be easy on the eye and pleasing. The decision will be made and announced by the panel of judges appointed by the big six, and checked by VAR, at a date to be disclosed later.

An interesting debate. Personally I'd put 18/19 ahead of 17/18.
As some have said its also the manner of winning the league as well as the goals and points.

I wondered why Liverpool got such good coverage in 18/19 compared to City who actually won it. When I looked in detail at the record I was amazed to see that PL Season City didn't score a Result Changing Goal after the 72nd minute. Our latest result changers were Sane 2-1 against Liverpool 72 mins and Vinny against Leicester 1-0 70mins. No articles that year saying who would've won the league if every game ended after75mins: Cos it was still City 1st 98pts

I think Liverpool won 20 odd points scoring in the last ten mins plus added time that year. The Centurions picked up a dozen points late en-route to 100pts: Everton 1-1 H Bournmouth 1-2 A, Soton 2-1 H & 0-1 A, West Ham H 2-1 is 9 late points off the top of my head. Yes late wins they stick in the mind but do they demonstrate a fight to the end attitude rather than supreme quality.

Having the quality to get ahead and seeing out around 20% of the game, usually scoring a few more, let alone the domestic cup double on top, and retaining the PL for the first time in a decade shows the scale of dominance we had that season.

Yes the press will shout about turning around a game in the last few minutes, and stoke up the title race. it makes great TV/Copy as 93.20 attests but City were relentless that year and a class apart. It was Liverpool clinging on to our coattails. The climax at Brighton was a perfect illustration, 1 down but level within seconds and ahead within minutes. All wrapped up and celebrating well before the end and Scousers having to sit through 30mins of knowing City had won it.

So it's 18/19 for me

I worry for our current top spot on this list.

It could well get knocked down to second this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.