Everyone at the game tonight show Robbie your support

MCFC_Freestyler said:
There's no need to give Robbie extra treatment and support, you just give him the same as you normally would

I don't think that's the case. Robinho is getting abuse left, right and centre and he needs to know that we are with him and we will back him till the hilt. He's a confidence player and he loves the support from the crowd so I will be making an extra effort to do so.

I'll never forget the standing ovation James recieving after returning to club duty having made a blunder for England. We can be the best fans in the world in these situations and I expect no less tonight.

Hamann Pineapple said:
avoidconfusion said:
I somehow cannot see him play tonight to be honest.

Me neither

How much do you want to wager on that?

Heard (from one of) the horse's mouth(s) yesterday that he'd be playing tonight...

He will not be pulled because of this... No Way!

C_T_I_D said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
There's no need to give Robbie extra treatment and support, you just give him the same as you normally would

I don't think that's the case. Robinho is getting abuse left, right and centre and he needs to know that we are with him and we will back him till the hilt. He's a confidence player and he loves the support from the crowd so I will be making an extra effort to do so.

I'll never forget the standing ovation James recieving after returning to club duty having made a blunder for England. We can be the best fans in the world in these situations and I expect no less tonight.

I can understand your points, he is getting hammered recently but the best way to shut up the press and hammer it on the head is by going out there tonight and putting on a world class display and getting himself a few goals

C_T_I_D said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:

Just to clarify then, you are comparing facing criminal allegations (and again, I'll stress that they are allegations and he is most definitely innocent of anything until proven guilty) to dropping a catch?

Each to there own I suppose. Funny sense of perspective you have there though.

I can't help but get the feeling that you wouldn't want, say, Michael Ball to be getting n extra special cheer if he were facing the same stuff though.

What exctly is wrong with treating it like any other game? Are we going to make it a tradition from now on to give extra praise to any player facing a criminal allegation. You know, like a special reward? How about a sliding scale? Maybe a polite clap for theft and a Mexican wave for murder?

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
C_T_I_D said:

Just to clarify then, you are comparing facing criminal allegations (and again, I'll stress that they are allegations and he is most definitely innocent of anything until proven guilty) to dropping a catch?

Each to there own I suppose. Funny sense of perspective you have there though.

I can't help but get the feeling that you wouldn't want, say, Michael Ball to be getting n extra special cheer if he were facing the same stuff though.

What exctly is wrong with treating it like any other game? Are we going to make it a tradition from now on to give extra praise to any player facing a criminal allegation. You know, like a special reward? How about a sliding scale? Maybe a polite clap for theft and a Mexican wave for murder?

I think the answer to that, JMA, is because once something like this is out in the open it is not like any other game. He needs to know we are behind him and it is impossible to treat it dispassionately; it's an emotional situation for him as well, and I'm sure it will help him and us if we show we love him.

Everything changes if he's found guilty of a serious charge, but that's well into the future. I'll give him the same support I'd give to a member of my family, because to me City are part of my family.

I think we should give him great support tonight and IF newcastle sing songs against him we should drown them out with support. Robinho has had a lot negative things said about him in the media at the minute and could probably do with all the support he can get off city fans, he said he hasn't done anything and we should belivie him and show he trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.