Everyone ready for the new season ?

True but at 75 I am finding the 2.5hr trip over on busy, crap roads harder and harder; plus trying to find a car parking space. Really think this will be my last year with a SC.

Be careful giving the Seasoncard up because one off match tickets are harder to obtain now.

I’m looking forwards to it to an extent. I don’t go like I used to and only tend to enjoy watching football live.

True but at 75 I am finding the 2.5hr trip over on busy, crap roads harder and harder; plus trying to find a car parking space. Really think this will be my last year with a SC.
I’ve spent years doing three hours in the car down and the same back.Roads are mad now.
Nowadays i go down on the train have a beer maybe an overnight and walk the canal to the game and enjoy the whole thing.

Trains… In recent weeks it’s been Northern Fail, Merseyfail and Transport For Fales.

When I travelled up from London, I’d try and get to Piccadilly for Midday at a 3pm kick off because they can be so unreliable.

I could easily go another 6 weeks without football. Never felt like this tbh, usually really excited about the start

Same here. Really enjoyed this summer without the worry and stress of football. Also watching the Olympics, and some of the athletes are so much more relatable, than footballers.

And also because 2 hours is the very minimum statutory drinking time before a game...

It was the rolling pub before Southampton in the FA Cup under Pearce. There was a major disruption on the line and I just made kick off.

So stressful when you’re having a day out.

Yes! I'm very much ready. At the same time, it doesn't feel like we get long to celebrate and dwell on the title. I'm still doing that for the treble season, no reason to stop when a new season comes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.