Evidence for religion

I think you've become rather confused as well as abusive. I see life as filled with meaning as the creation a loving God. It's your free choice to ignore the evidence for a higher power, that's the deal we're told. You don't seem to understand in doing so you empty the concepts of goodness, justice, fairness, etc of their ultimate coherence. I think history shows that atheist regimes abandon the divine ground of such values at some cost.
What evidence of a higher power ? I didn’t know there was proof.

It's your free choice to see reality as God free, the overwhelming majority of folk alive (or who have ever lived) don't but it's good you feel grateful for your existence. Does it give you pause that your concept of gratitude in such circumstances is rather emptied of any significance?
I don't consider my life to be empty of significance at all. I am part of what is, and that is brilliant in itself.

It's your free choice to ignore the evidence for a higher power,

You’re trolling here surely? There is zero evidence. That’s kinda the point of the thread.

I think you've become rather confused as well as abusive.

Other than agreeing with a poster that called himself stupid, point me in the direction of this abuse I’ve been pouring out in this thread. As for confused, sorry JC, I’m very clear and concise on this.

You don't seem to understand in doing so you empty the concepts of goodness, justice, fairness, etc of their ultimate coherence.

Absolute bollocks. You’re saying that without your god your go around raping and killing and being a general cûnt? Wow, good job you believe then.

I think history shows that atheist regimes abandon the divine ground of such values at some cost.

Yeah because history shows the religious countries are all sweetness and light. Point me in the direction of all those atheists blowing up themselves and tens or hundreds of men, women and children in the name of atheism. Who’s confused again? I’m unsure if you’re getting senile in your dotage or you genuinely believe that or you’re just trying to ignore history in the hope that those that read your posts are ignorant of knowledge on the subject.

There is and has only ever been one argument for gods existing. "I can't explain this thing, therefore God did it." Literally every argument in history and on this thread has basically been a variation of this. It's ultimately the philosophy of those who are incapable of admitting that they don't know something. But once people get invested in it, it causes them to even deny the things we actually do know.

It's a form of mental illness in some respect.

Same reason I can't explain my irrational love for City, only due to knowing no better when my dad decided which team for me before I could walk.

I'm just back from the Florida. Pardon the pun, but Jesus Christ, if that's the state of religion and Christianity in this case, you can inherit every fucking room in his fictious house.

I particularly loved the irony of obese, crucifix wearers enjoying the delights of the Jurassic Park ride at Universal.

Religion does not have a monopoly on morals or decency towards a fellow human being.

Love each other, it's the one and final stop on this rollercoaster of random chaos.

Seriously? Loves so much that I've seen children die in A&E after being run over by drunk drivers, where's the love? Anyone who believes in fairy stories needs to give their head a wobble. Even Disney won't make a film about "god" because it would be too far fetched and them fuckers made shrek!

Believe it or not, but at Disney World last week I saw a plane above writing in the sky 'Jesus loves you'

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum in that diverse and beautiful land.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.