Evidence for religion

So, why did you feel the need to comment on some stupid guy's statement? Hein? Showing off how smart you are? Why this need? Showing you are better than others? Why should I care about YOUR evolution? Did I ask you to care about MY God? I am not even saying atheists are stupid? Each his own. Why slag the others. I got the same answers (from almost the same posters incidentally (???)) when I defended a player like Mahrez. So, the degree of urge to "slag the other" and "show off" has a pattern and is not dependent on the nature of the discussed topic.

Just be happy with your reality Big Man and leave them stupid people (believing in GOD in their scientific labs) be happy with theirs. Each his own.
You asked a fucking question hence my reply. But yes, you’re right, you are probably stupid given your reply and inability to understand evolution. Although they are your words and not mine. I didn’t actually call you any names.

You can have whatever god it is you wish, there are over 4,500 for you to choose from. But evolution is the most studied phenomenon in science. It happens whether you like it or not. Lenski et al show it happening in real time. MRSA and anti-biotic resistance show it happening within a generation. Even the church knows and sermonises that evolution is a real thing. It’s beyond amazing that anyone with the ability to type on a forum in 2019 is not aware of the process and mechanics of evolution.

You asked a fucking question hence my reply. But yes, you’re right, you are probably stupid given your reply and inability to understand evolution. Although they are your words and not mine. I didn’t actually call you any names.

You can have whatever god it is you wish, there are over 4,500 for you to choose from. But evolution is the most studied phenomenon in science. It happens whether you like it or not. Lenski et al show it happening in real time. MRSA and anti-biotic resistance show it happening within a generation. Even the church knows and sermonises that evolution is a real thing. It’s beyond amazing that anyone with the ability to type on a forum in 2019 is not aware of the process and mechanics of evolution.
No one has called him names. All he's done is make a point, and then moan like feck that people are disagreeing with him. Nevermind evolution, he doesn't appear to understand the nature of an internet forum. If he can put some decent points across for people to discuss, that would be great, otherwise it's a constant stream of self pity that people are being nasty to him.

8401374b5e0e1745a7154ac2f090a378.jpg

I didn't ask YOU the question. It was within the context of an exchange with 2 posters who one of them kept "liking" posters who counter me since yesterday (lol). If you mean by "evolution" species improvement, systems restructuration, relaxation to states of equilibrium, universe expansion, etc., these are scientific phenomena and manifestations, organic and otherwise, that have absolutely nothing to do with "CREATION". But then .. what do I know ..

I didn't ask YOU the question. It was within the context of an exchange with 2 posters who one of them kept "liking" posters who counter me since yesterday (lol). If you mean by "evolution" species improvement, systems restructuration, relaxation to states of equilibrium, universe expansion, etc., these are scientific phenomena and manifestations, organic and otherwise, that have absolutely nothing to do with "CREATION". But then .. what do I know ..
Which creation? The whole universe one or the one making humans?

George, I don't see any insults being thrown here, certainly not from myself anyway. He did make the claim that science is the biggest believer in god, which is a load of garbage, but beyond that, i don't see anything. And as for reality being meaningless, I could not disagree more, I just don't feel the urge to believe in a providential god who gets annoyed if I don't follow whichever one of his/hers/its rituals I'm supposed to be following. It is entirely possible to be grateful for your existence without believing in a god.
It's your free choice to see reality as God free, the overwhelming majority of folk alive (or who have ever lived) don't but it's good you feel grateful for your existence. Does it give you pause that your concept of gratitude in such circumstances is rather emptied of any significance?

Not much judging by your comments on here.

It's your free choice to see reality as God free, the overwhelming majority of folk alive (or who have ever lived) don't but it's good you feel grateful for your existence. Does it give you pause that your concept of gratitude in such circumstances is rather emptied of any significance?
You think being grateful to be alive/to exist is devoid of significance unless you believe in one of the thousands of Gods? And people say off topic has lost it’s humour. You’re a wum.

Christ alive.

The overwhelming majority that have lived believed in sun gods and moon gods and cat gods and dog gods and gods of the sea and harvest and mountains and fucking elephant gods of various different guises. Now think for a second how you regard those various pagans and their horse or virgin sacrifices (to show the desired level of gratitude of course) and how silly it all seems. That pause you’ve just taken to consider that before thinking it ridiculous is pretty much how I feel about your relatively young religion as well. Argument ad populum is regarded as a fallacious argument for a reason bud.

If you genuinely think that existence without a deity is meaningless then I feel sorry for you but I’m also happy for you that religion fills the space and gives your life meaning (even if it makes your posts relatively patronising on the subject as you’re unable to empathise with others that don’t need a god for life to have significance).

These threads are a pain in the arse to be honest.

I love the way he thinks life is meaningless. Says a lot about his life and feelings for friends and family.
I think you've become rather confused as well as abusive. I see life as filled with meaning as the creation a loving God. It's your free choice to ignore the evidence for a higher power, that's the deal we're told. You don't seem to understand in doing so you empty the concepts of goodness, justice, fairness, etc of their ultimate coherence. I think history shows that atheist regimes abandon the divine ground of such values at some cost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.