Evidence for religion

I get where you're coming from, but I'l argue there are certain natural rules, certainly in this part of the universe, that have significant influence over "the chaos". A magnet will cause atoms to align etc.
Make it clear though, I'm not ascribing those laws in any way shape or form to some kind of supranatural intelligence that is going to decide whether he thinks i've been a **** or not when i die.

I get where you're coming from, but I'l argue there are certain natural rules, certainly in this part of the universe, that have significant influence over "the chaos". A magnet will cause atoms to align etc.
"Rules" that we came up with in an attempt to understand chaos. The chaos defined the rules. It's all pure random chance. If it wasn't for Jupiter being uncommonly close to the sun for a planet with it's mass, we'd have been wiped out years ago. There's random chance and chaos for you. Just because we're one of the only planets among billions capable of supporting life, doesn't mean there's a reason for it. It was just a numbers game and we came of that numbers game, there's more order to somebody winning the Euromillions.

Make it clear though, I'm not ascribing those laws in any way shape or form to some kind of supranatural intelligence that is going to decide whether he thinks i've been a **** or not when i die.
Yeah we'll agree on that one. If for no other reason than Stephen Fry's very accurate summation on the matter.

Yeah we'll agree on that one. If for no other reason than Stephen Fry's very accurate summation on the matter.
Aye, when I've heard Fry talk with regards to his Atheism, I've generally agreed. As for the bit about 'rules', i don't think it's about 'rules', I view things in terms of patterns. And there's no question they exist. And if patterns exist at all, then it isn't pure chaos.

Aye, when I've heard Fry talk with regards to his Atheism, I've generally agreed. As for the bit about 'rules', i don't think it's about 'rules', I view things in terms of patterns. And there's no question they exist. And if patterns exist at all, then it isn't pure chaos.
All chaos has patterns. Patterns exist independently from order as they're defined only by themselves. Turn a RNG on and run it for long enough and if you look for patterns you'll see them, but they'll be randomly created.

Buddhism believes in finding enlightenment, it's a reward system. Zen just believes in right thoughts and right actions. Do good things and good things will happen to you v do good things and good things will happen to others. Far less selfish.

Zen also doesn't teach against emotional attachment. Emotional attachment and empathy are what makes people good instead of bad.
If I have miscommunicated, then I apologise. For me, it is a case of please find the best way for you, through life. If I can help someone through this, then great. If what I speak of is a crock of shit for you...then please feel free to ignore everything I write and/or see what I write as a crock of shit. Wonderful. What I might ask, is whether you would be willing to let others find their own way through this, even if it's in disagreement with what you believe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.