Evidence for religion

If I have miscommunicated, then I apologise. For me, it is a case of please find the best way for you, through life. If I can help someone through this, then great. If what I speak of is a crock of shit for you...then please feel free to ignore everything I write and/or see what I write as a crock of shit. Wonderful. What I might ask, is whether you would be willing to let others find their own way through this, even if it's in disagreement with what you believe?
I'll always argue the point mate, but if you believe in something that makes you happy then more power to you, fair dues and I won't judge you on it.

I was hoping that after seeing the thread reach 70+ pages that some evidence might have been found.
Imagine my shock when it hadn’t..

THE INTERESTING THING is that the more clearly you understand the law of cause and effect, the faster the law appears to operate—because in actual fact, cause and effect operate simultaneously. The cause is the effect. For the severely deluded, things may seem to take a very long time to have any effect. That’s why a successful thief thinks he’s gotten away with something. He hasn’t, he’s just too boneheaded to see what’s happening even now. The degree of your delusion determines how long it takes to notice the effects you’ve created.

THE INTERESTING THING is that the more clearly you understand the law of cause and effect, the faster the law appears to operate—because in actual fact, cause and effect operate simultaneously. The cause is the effect. For the severely deluded, things may seem to take a very long time to have any effect. That’s why a successful thief thinks he’s gotten away with something. He hasn’t, he’s just too boneheaded to see what’s happening even now. The degree of your delusion determines how long it takes to notice the effects you’ve created.
Am not sure if this is a quote or you own words? But, if you are interested...there is an argument that says that what is often called 'time' is what keeps cause and effect to seem to be non-simultaneous and, so, separate. Edit : if this breakdown of the separation of cause and effect is that which might be expressed as a sportsman being 'in the zone' or a team seemingly having 'great team spirit.' Would this be something worth exploring? Beyond religious dogmatism?

Last edited:
ps oh fuck it. Please try substituting the word 'wholeness' for the word 'holiness,' If you have ever been to, eg, a boxing class then..at first you may try to punch with just the strength of your arm, separate from the rest of your body. Might be alright? Yet, If you have good teacher, you might come to learn how to put the full weight of your body into a punch. In this way you might learn that it's not just about using 'brute' force but that there is power available that comes from the likes of, eg, rhythm and timing, that could otherwise not be known. Extrapolate this a few times and then it may be understandable as to what many have spoken of. Evidence for wholeness? Try getting hit by someone that hits you with just their arm and then try get hit by someone that can put their whole body behind this. Would this be evidence enough as to the existence and benefits of wholeness or not? This may not be the the same as fitting into religious dogma or believing in a god that sits on a cloud somewhere, giving you the equivalent of a school report that tells you if you are doing alright or not?
giphy.gif

What? You didn't understand what he said?

Let me break it down for you;

jfejfspoafasrf;cjaeflf;ihrvbraoifjaerbcrlnuc,opcjraei obfcasp,ojf uarbfAW,XK eab,[acrpl cra e,f obdar mioarugbnxep,o crbpa ufb ;oixfper,ogkeri hbx r;ouvó;áxv'xlc;OIS HVF; oisagjc'paenate[,povn aribg'oan cgasru f; ubnasj o'fas mgae;ingce pf;isbfcm aei and a giant pigeon
g[w0maji eCPUBGSM'PGJAE' GIAE PJG [OAH GIONASDVLCKP'[ oj fip IJ 'PRTP G HJDSRCV PBAONBC;O AINGC JjpoIOAOIGH AEPRG ADOI IJjioso ihs righsd;g hadio; h

and they all lived happily ever after. Get it now?

I was hoping that after seeing the thread reach 70+ pages that some evidence might have been found.
Imagine my shock when it hadn’t..
Plenty of evidence of the existance and proof of "religion".

It's proving God exists that we're stuck on.

*looks up* Nope, still nothing.

Plenty of evidence of the existance and proof of "religion".

It's proving God exists that we're stuck on.

*looks up* Nope, still nothing.
Also proving that Jesus ever existed, that Moses ever existed, Abraham, Noah, etc. There is hard evidence that many historical figures existed in Rome, Greece, Macedonia, Crete, Egypt, Babylon and Assyria from the same eras as the Bible stories. But not a shred of proper evidence of the people described in the Bible.

Then there’s the fantasies of angels and the fantasies of the resurrection, walking on water, parting the sea, burning bushes... none of it ever happened.

Also proving that Jesus ever existed, that Moses ever existed, Abraham, Noah, etc. There is hard evidence that certain historical figures existed in Rome, Greece, Macedonia, Crete, Egypt, Babylon and Assyria from the same eras as the Bible stories. But not a shred of proper evidence of the people described in the Bible.
Are you trying to say Jesus never fought a dragon?

Pistols at dawn, sir!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.