Ex-City Players You Have Rose-Tinted Glasses For

One of my least favourite Maine Road memories, awful.
I was up in the Gene Kelly that afternoon.

What I like about our support is that we never usually mass barrack one of our own. Chelsea fans’ treatment of Benitez as manager particularly stands out as awful.

With Mangala, I was delighted when we signed him. I used to watch the Europa highlights on a Friday evening and he was commanding for Porto. Sometimes it just doesn’t happen. Currently at Estoril in Portugal.

Quilly Mangala.
Looked a beast on debut vs Diego Costa and Chelsea. Always thought he did well in physical battles, like when he pocketed Zlatan. Also fond memory of him going to warm up at Old Trafford in a Father Christmas hat.

Demichelis.
Slow, but decent defender. Thought he got a lot of stick unfairly when he got sent off vs Barcelona. I’m sure it was Kompanys error, that lead to it

Never understood why he was given so much stick. It’s a sad and quite angry memory of mine being in the Kippax hearing grown men boo him.

I see him now and then. Hes aging like a champion, something I’d say those wankers who boo’d him most likely aren’t.

Made of steel that fella.
Agreed

Lots of great names here.

Barton for me, I know hes a wrong un but even now i have a huge soft spot for him even though hes a twat!

Laurent Charvet….. I could never understand the stick he got, but I was in a minority of one. Mick Channon is another; fondly remembered by some but an under achiever in some fans’ eyes. He remains one of my favourite ever players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.