Ex-City Players You Have Rose-Tinted Glasses For

I thought Stefan Jovetic would come good for us, but he was unlucky with injuries. When he was on form he was good to watch.

Asa Hartford. Was the midfield hub in Tony Book's best team. Of course, Allison sold him when he was still near his peak only for Bond to resign him but he had bad injuries when he came back.
I agree with that but also, what about your namesake - Stan Bowles?
What a player he promised to be! I saw his debut against Sheffield United when he scored 2 and we won 5-2 in our title winning season of 67-68. (How far we've come; we now have to identify which title winning season we're talking about!)
He went on to success and an England cap many years later but he only managed a handful of games with us. Sad that, as he had everything as a forward.

Last edited:
Shaun Goater. We love him, he loves us. Always grinned like a chesire cat when he scored and I got the pleasure of slapping his bald head when he ran into the crowd after scoring against Chester in the FA cup.
Who’d have to half rose tinted glasses for him? Loved by City fans because of who he was.

Always rated Willie Donachie
Tommy Booth played in various roles and was excellent
Clive Wilson was a joy to watch at a time when we didn't have much else
Some great shouts there. Willie Donachie was so immaculate, Big Tom and Clive Wilson.
As you highlighted was a fairly grim time when Clive was tbe shining light, worse than the 90s for me even though we didn't fall as low.
Always felt it was the ultimate insult that Clive our only decent player, played half a season in the full knowledge we had sold him to Chelsea so we'd even be losing him. Swales for you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.