Exclusive Bluemoon interview with Paul Lake

was gutted when paul got injured and prayed for his return i will never forget a radio commentator saying he saw paul get off the coach at middlesboro and as his foot touched the floor he swore he winced in pain. this was revealed before the match and im sure that was the game paul broke down again. sadly missed. was this the knee on the same leg that paul broke in the dying minutes of the last home game in i forget which season.

Loved reading that, cheers Blue Ripple (how did you come by that name ffs?!!!)

I got home from your testimonial that night and it really did sink in finally that we lost a potentially GREAT player to a stupid tackle, not for the first time.
Loved seeing you play Lakey and don't give me te same bollocks you did in a PM about your goal in that 3-1 defeat at Millwall being taken in by the wind.....how you swerved that ball around so many players in the box still confounds me!

Hope we will be hearing more from you again soon fella, many thanks for your time answering the questions, some really good ones there.

And Ric........top bloke mate, thanks for everything you do here.

Thanks for answering my question Lakey - Paul Parker indeed....I doubt you would have deflected that freekick in during the semi final....Perhaps Bobby got the wrong Paul.....

I can assure you many of us in the Kippax we in tears at your testimonal so you were entitled to shed a few yourself.

Fantastic news about the show and we are wondering why you have left it so late to get into this media lark....Whitey and Hichy are ok...but I'm sure you will give them a run for their money!

How refreshing it is to hear an articulate and humble interview by a footballer (one of my 3 favourite players alongside quinny and wee paul dickov) all 3 gents and legends for me! wish we had a bit more of Blueripples spirit and class in our side, we would surely be top 3 then!

Great answers from Lakey. One of my favourite ever City players. Met him years ago (reckon it must have been about the time of his testimonial) and he was a top bloke. Looking forward to his booking being published.

i remebmer being at the game against spurs, i think, when Paul had a great midfield battle with Gascoigne, when Gascoigne did the ears "thing", it was right in front of me at a throw in. There was nothing between them, both fully committed, and with equal amount of skill. People would be talking now about Paul like they do aout Gascoigne, (from an ability point of view, obviously)!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.