Expanded FIFA Club World Cup 2025 | 32 Teams | USA

Throw in the extra international games. No wonder DeBruyne was complaining. It is sheer greed and it is putting me off it all. Some will see it as progress, me it's going to far

I’m trying to cast my mind back to what the football calendar normally looks like in June and July in odd numbered years.

Obviously this year was exceptional due to the World Cup and 2021 was still pretty much Covid.

After the post season internationals in late May, very early June, is that normally it for competitive football in Europe until mid August?

I honestly can’t remember.

Correct.

The only two English clubs invited and qualified are us and Chelsea.

Ours was on our co-efficient even before we won Champions League this year.

Chelsea because of them beating us in the final two years ago.

Liverpool can't make it because they can't win it next season.
Would they not still be in on the co efficient list

Throw in the extra international games. No wonder DeBruyne was complaining. It is sheer greed and it is putting me off it all. Some will see it as progress, me it's going to far
It would be progress of a sort if there was a reduction in the number of games over the course of a season. Personally I think that at least 10 games too much a season are played by most of the top teams. However, the bean counters and the chronically addicted won't agree.

I’m trying to cast my mind back to what the football calendar normally looks like in June and July in odd numbered years.

Obviously this year was exceptional due to the World Cup and 2021 was still pretty much Covid.

After the post season internationals in late May, very early June, is that normally it for competitive football in Europe until mid August?

I honestly can’t remember.
Anybody young enough to remember the Home Internationals?

1000_F_219988764_dAPmde0DlHnY9qwNSU0BgnqtMFwrWNZz.jpg
Didnt know you were a Posh lad drinking a "Slow Uncomfortable screw against the tree" :-)

Where ever you have copied and pasted that from is your problem - its clearly out of date (PSG went out 3 and a half months ago so its at least older than that) and doesn't take in to account the information FIFA have since released.

Oh and It'll definitely be City that win.

You’re sticking your neck out with that last prediction

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.