Expanded FIFA Club World Cup 2025 | 32 Teams | USA

Will be on real pitches or will it be on what looks like a 5-a-side pitch inside a baseball triangle like most of the pre-season friendlies usually do?
I could be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere one of the reasons they chose the USA for this is they have the World Cup Finals there following year ,so I expect they'll be using the venues earmarked for that.

Not sure I'd want to be playing in both this and the World Cup 12 months later. That's a lot of football without a significantly sized break for recovery.
Agree that it's great that USA based blues get to see some significant City action rather than meaningless pre-season stuff.
I wouldn't worry about it - we've just won the treble in an extended season with a world cup part way through it. Piece of piss!

Does this mean there will be MLS teams (ie: Miami) in it?

I believe there are no host/write ins, every team has to have qualified via a tournament win, or a points accumulation. There will be some early round games between teams who would be relegated from the PL. But, I think the last 8 could be pretty tasty. With the prize money, I think this will replace any pre-season tours for European based teams.

Got a very good chance the semi or final will be in Atlanta. That’s better for me than 6 hours on a bus to/from a ground, a la Istanbul

I believe there are no host/write ins, every team has to have qualified via a tournament win, or a points accumulation. There will be some early round games between teams who would be relegated from the PL. But, I think the last 8 could be pretty tasty. With the prize money, I think this will replace any pre-season tours for European based teams.

Got a very good chance the semi or final will be in Atlanta. That’s better for me than 6 hours on a bus to/from a ground, a la Istanbul
Pfft.
Unless I can watch City in Detroit or Buffalo (assuming nothing will be in Toronto), I'll be giving it a miss ; )

Imagine if they have City playing a game or two in Boston. I can walk to Gillette Stadium in about 20 minutes from my house. There are going to be 6 WC games here too in 2024.

If they are teams that I am not interested in, I'll be putting the house on AirBnB...;) And travel during that time to the good matches...:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.