Expectations In The Summer Window

I'd rather have 1-3 Solid players with massive skill come in to add more depth and maybe one galactico. We have loads of players I love in the team and who have the ability to win games. We just need to add to that some and ensure that when injuries and competition comes we have depth in our game.

When we are competeting for several cups we will need the depth but I don't think bringing in an All-Star World Player of the year team is the right thing to do! When the current team+ has a few seasons under them we will have a cup winning team. They have gained the mentality, physicality and connection with fellow players to win.

So I expect:

- 1-3 Solid signings
- 1 Galactico

we don,t need to buy to many superstars we,ve got a platform of a decent team just 1 or 2 players in the team and a few squad players

Given
zab
dunne
nedum
bridge

swp
dejong
kompany
ireland
petrov

bellamy

robbie
elano
johnson
bojinov
richards

think we need a center forward another holding midfielder left and right wingers as backup and a center half

I was a MH hater, but aftr reading all sorts of stuff I have to say that I think City would be best to hang onto him. Let him do a nice solid slow build, rather than a quick build. I don't want what is happening to Chelseas to happen to City. I would say that this summer I'd be happy with a few solid signings, and one world-class signing. As opposed to those that want the best player in the world at every position to be bought.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The trouble is that the more players we bring in, the longer it takes to build a settled team. At some point we have to say that this is our squad and apart from moving one or two out and replacing them, we have to stop buying four or five players every six months.

Spot on, look an what that mumble mouth twat over the road has got going on, he had 3 or 4 years building his foundation then every season since he has tweaked 1 or 2 positions, keeping the stability, and well, not done them much harm on the pitch has it.
As much as we dont like em they are the benchmark we want to exceed.

1 top target man
Clarence Seedorf
1 Vidic like defender.

If we get them 3 right good players can mould around them

Seedorf is too old (I don't think he's needed now we've got de Jong anyway). We need a goood experienced football playing centre half and a quality target man without doubt. Like I said earlier Yaya Toure would be good in midfield and maybe another attacking player who can cover the wings, at a push another centra half who can play left back maybe. That's 5 players max and I don't think we need any more, just need to make sure they're good quality which I'm sure they will be

After that the squad is there and will just need freshening up now and then. Our team is very young and will improve a lot.

Chelski arnt doing to badly and Villa are now fading fast.
Therefore Chelskis format is working better than the slowly slowly catchy monkey approach.
I would like 2 world class signings and 3 excellent.

rastus said:
Chelski arnt doing to badly and Villa are now fading fast.
Therefore Chelskis format is working better than the slowly slowly catchy monkey approach.

Lol.

You are taking the piss, arent you!?

While this may not be what we need, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Ronaldinho. City had already made a bid for him in the past and he's obviously undergoing a fallout with Milan. However, we do have the talent to be a top 6 club but inconsistency has killed us. When we played Villa without the likes of Bellamy and Robinho, it may have been our best attacking game. Probably deserved 4 goals... and even though I do like Bellamy and the fact that he is a workhouse, we really need a proven target man. Caicedo just isn't quality. Perhaps Jo can fill that role in due time but I would like City to go after someone like Drogba or Adriano.

We need to add depth to the squad as well, not just the starting XI. At the moment, who do we have outside the starting XI that can realistically come in and change the game if need be? Elano, on a good day, and that's it.

We need maybe 4-5 solid players, not necessarily superstars. I'd say a center half, a target man, a box to box midfielder, and cover on the wings, because Petrov has been a lost and we've recently seen how badly the loss of SWP can hurt us.

Any superstars would be a bonus, and I'm not trying to start something here, but if Valencia's financial crisis is half as bad as they say, they may actually be forced to offload Silva and Villa to the highest bidder. Who can outbid us? But that's simply a dream and I don't expect that to happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.