explain the cricket

ussy said:
SambaMan said:
It is often refereed to as the equivalent of the World Cup.
Is it hells like, its nowhere near the cricket world cup for one simple reason, there's only 2 fuckin teams in the bastard thing, it pisses me off the way they big it up and then some stupid tits say its the ultimate in cricket, how disrespectful is that to other cricketing nations???? England beat a shit Australian side, they would'nt even have won the 2005 Ashes if it wasnt for Mcgrath getting injured for the last one. It annoys me the way the media make it out to be such a big thing, i watched it a few times and it just bores the fuck out of any normal person. Who the hell would want to watch a game where they just dont even try and hit the ball 9/10. It is the most boring sport of all time, id rather watch table tennis than test cricket.

Oh dear - where does one start?
The Ashes is possibly the most long-standing rivalry between 2 countries in the history of sport,going back to a time when a 3 month journey on a boat was necessary just to get there.
Any team facing a test tour knew that they would not be seeing their loved ones for a year,such was their level of commitment.
I have Indian and Pakistani friends and,much as their own teams are avowed enemies,they concede that the Ashes is the pinnacle of cricket in terms of prestige.
Why prattle on about McGrath standing on a ball in 2005?
Was that our fault?
And what about us being without our best player,(Pietersen),in the final test and our second-best,(Flintoff),in the one before?
I understand that cricket isn't everyone's cup of tea,but why so many put finger to keyboard and spend their precious time telling us how much they hate the game is beyond me.
Cricket threads are basically there for cricket enthusiasts to exchange opinions and debate the game with each other.
Is it really so hard to leave these threads alone if you have no interest and leave them to those of us who do?
I would suggest,(judging by the number of different contributors to the cricket threads),that quite a lot of us must not be "normal",to use your yardstick of normality.
If you love ping-pong so much,by all means start a thread about it.
And we'll see if it runs to 200 pages.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ussy said:
Is it hells like, its nowhere near the cricket world cup for one simple reason, there's only 2 fuckin teams in the bastard thing, it pisses me off the way they big it up and then some stupid tits say its the ultimate in cricket, how disrespectful is that to other cricketing nations???? England beat a shit Australian side, they would'nt even have won the 2005 Ashes if it wasnt for Mcgrath getting injured for the last one. It annoys me the way the media make it out to be such a big thing, i watched it a few times and it just bores the fuck out of any normal person. Who the hell would want to watch a game where they just dont even try and hit the ball 9/10. It is the most boring sport of all time, id rather watch table tennis than test cricket.

The Ashes is possibly the most long-standing rivalry between 2 countries in the history of sport,going back to a time when a 3 month journey on a boat was necessary just to get there.
Any team facing a test tour knew that they would not be seeing their loved ones for a year,such was their level of commitment.
I have Indian and Pakistani friends and,much as their own teams are avowed enemies,they concede that the Ashes is the pinnacle of cricket in terms of prestige.
Was that our fault?
And what about us being without our best player,(Pietersen),in the final test and our second-best,(Flintoff),in the one before?
I understand that cricket isn't everyone's cup of tea,but why so many put finger to keyboard and spend their precious time telling us how much they hate the game is beyond me.
Cricket threads are basically there for cricket enthusiasts to exchange opinions and debate the game with each other.
Is it really so hard to leave these threads alone if you have no interest and leave them to those of us who do?
I would suggest,(judging by the number of different contributors to the cricket threads),that quite a lot of us must not be "normal",to use your yardstick of normality.
I never said i like ping pong a lot, all i said is that its more enjoyable for me to watch than test cricket. My main point was that how can it be described as the pinnacle of test cricket?? If thats the case then dont you think its disrespectful to players from other countries who wouldnt get to play in the so called "biggest even in cricket"??? The only reason i posted in this thread was because it annoys me the way the media make it out to be bigger than life. And i also have Pakistani and Indian friends, and let me just say that whilst the ashes is on, all they do is say stuff like "media over hypes it" and still to this day, ive never met a single indian or pakistani who would say to me that the ashes is the pinnacle of cricket.

ussy said:
Was that our fault?
I never said i like ping pong a lot, all i said is that its more enjoyable for me to watch than test cricket. My main point was that how can it be described as the pinnacle of test cricket?? If thats the case then dont you think its disrespectful to players from other countries who wouldnt get to play in the so called "biggest even in cricket"??? The only reason i posted in this thread was because it annoys me the way the media make it out to be bigger than life. And i also have Pakistani and Indian friends, and let me just say that whilst the ashes is on, all they do is say stuff like "media over hypes it" and still to this day, ive never met a single indian or pakistani who would say to me that the ashes is the pinnacle of cricket.

Its horses for courses mate.
I appreciate that the Ashes victory receives a lot more coverage over here than anywhere else but,like it or not,it is our national summer game.
It may well not get much airspace in Spain,for example - but then they went apeshit when Contador,(a Spaniard),won the Tour De France.
All countries media go over the top when one of their own win something - thats just the way it is the world over.
Just be grateful that we don't win at cricket very often!
Or much else,for that matter!

ussy said:

Its horses for courses mate.
I appreciate that the Ashes victory receives a lot more coverage over here than anywhere else but,like it or not,it is our national summer game.
It may well not get much airspace in Spain,for example - but then they went apeshit when Contador,(a Spaniard),won the Tour De France.
All countries media go over the top when one of their own win something - thats just the way it is the world over.
Just be grateful that we don't win at cricket very often!
Or much else,for that matter!
lol fair point, but i just dont think that they should go so far to start saying its the pinnacle of cricket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.