"Eyeball, eyeball"! Memories of C.B. radio.

We used to spend more time choosing the films than actually getting to watch them. Very rarely did we ever get it right, as all you had to go on was an enticing picture on the front of the box and to the back a biased blurb roundup.

However on one occasion we had an all night horror fest and proper swum the channel with all four of our choices.
They were Sam Ramis Evil Dead, I Spit On Your Grave, Nightmare In A Damaged Brain and the Hills Have Eyes.

Still remember our villages membership number which was 313. Sometimes we would nip down to A and B as they had lots of bogof deals and monetary offers. Good times but not as good as they are now with world wide TV at our finger tips.

I have no idea how we managed back in the day with no day time tv and all broadcasted in black and white. It used to go off at a ridiculous time of the evening and if you didn't turn off then some chap would come on and say "and if your still watching don't forget to turn of the TV"

Then if you still couldn't be arsed getting up the test card would come on and then after that a dot would appear from out of nowhere in the middle of your set and finally a long continuous beep noise to wear you down.
News at Ten was the last programme of rhe night, then as you say.
After that it was radio Caroline or Luxembourg for me.

News at Ten was the last programme of rhe night, then as you say.
After that it was radio Caroline or Luxembourg for me.
I think if memory serves we had Rediffusion Radio which was a twisting knob on the wall that gave you loads of channels for when the TV went down.

My brothers mate had one, he went by the name (Handle?) of "Romping Donkey" not sure he took it very seriously :-)

I had an AM “rig” which, unbeknown to me (or my parents) was illegal. I had my “twig” taped to the radiator in my bedroom. Fucking loved just lying in bed listening to people chat shite.
My “handle” was “Triplex” : car window manufacturer!
“Knock it up six....channel “
“Ten four a copy. “
“Breaker breaker Freddie Laker have you got your ears on? “
Only real problem was every time I hit the mike button it interfered with every TV set on the street!
(no winder me mam got it free off her union rep at school!)
Fucking loved it!

I absolutely loved cb radio back in the day because the father of a girl I was seeing had one in his car & would let me & his lovely daughter use it when he left the car on the drive & went to the pub.
As a pair of horny teenagers, the daughter & I spent many very happy hours getting busy in the back of the car, using the cb radio as our excuse & cover story.
We had a number of very close calls where we almost got caught, but we mastered the art of getting enough of our clothes off & back on again in record times.
I couldn’t tell you a thing about the radio, call signs or anything else about the cb radio, but we certainly had many fantastic times because of it.

When we were kids my mate had one and we used to wind random cunts up on it and abuse them. Always hilarious when some tragic 40 year old bloke started losing it and threatening 11 year olds. I suppose it was like the politics forum on here or the match day thread now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.