"Eyeball, eyeball"! Memories of C.B. radio.

I had 2 Midland sets. One in the house with a 1/4 wavelength dipole, precision trimmed to midband, and a set in the car with an illegal 5W in-line power amp into a mag-mount base-loaded whip.

There was a bit of a local group, and I'd be up into the small hours chatting with various folk. There was one disabled guy who's main connection to the outside world was CB. Never had a licence though.

I guess in retrospect it was a sad pastime. Having said that I had some really good fun, met some good people and enjoyed a few meet ups. At its height it was harmless fun and got people talking and meeting.

Had a CB around 83-84. Think it was a Harrier CBX. Had a di-pole antenna in the loft and a 6ft one on a metal biscuit tin lid in my bedroom.
6ft one was no problem, but when i connected to the di-pole the SWR meter would swing nearly into the red.
Bonus was that i found out this caused the neighbours TV picture to scramble, so whenever they complained my music was too loud, id wait till it was 5 mins into coronation street, plug the di-pole in and chat merrily away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.