F.A. to have Wayne Rooney Testimonial Match

Have I just heard this correctly (granted it was on Talksport) - apparently due to the FA or the foundation 'forgetting' to order the collection buckets they didn't collect any donations?

Wayne Rooney gets 'a good send off' - check

Gate is inflated for a game no-one cares about - check

Charity gain meaningful donation - TBC

Have I just heard this correctly (granted it was on Talksport) - apparently due to the FA or the foundation 'forgetting' to order the collection buckets they didn't collect any donations?

Wayne Rooney gets 'a good send off' - check

Gate is inflated for a game no-one cares about - check

Charity gain meaningful donation - TBC

Charity should get ALL the games profits.

It was probably never intended to be a charity game, but decided it was the only way it could be justified.
I'm still trying to work out why -
To sell the game to the USA?
To provide a shield for the Scudamore pay-off?
To round off Rooney's caps to 120?
Nope, still don't know.

It was probably never intended to be a charity game, but decided it was the only way it could be justified.
I'm still trying to work out why -
To sell the game to the USA?
To provide a shield for the Scudamore pay-off?
To round off Rooney's caps to 120?
Nope, still don't know.
To give Rooney's profile a boost in the U.S. by showing that the "home of football" idolises him enough to organise an international match in his honour.

That this idea was born solely in the mind of his own agent is all you really need to know.

Charity should get ALL the games profits.
I'm sure it intially sounded like all proceeds of the game would be going back on the charity (it seemed to be a couple of days later that they then confirmed that the gate receipts etc were being kept by the FA)........

It would appear the main winners in this scenario was the FA with their increased gate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.