F@@k off Hughes (MERGED)

Tevez - 9 goals from 20 under the previous manager, from 27 from 37 under Mancini.

Kolo -for whatever reason has been much more solid since Mancini came. Was awful in the first half of last season, immediate improvement from last December and has been very good this season.

De Jong - much of a muchness there

Kompany - barely played the first part of the season, only 1 start, 3 sub appearances and 3 times an unused sub. Was put straight into the side after Mancini came and has been one of our best since.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:30 pm --<br /><br />
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Despite spending around £135m on players, Mancini's record this season is worse than Hughes' last term, with the same points accrued after 13 games but with an inferior goal difference.

Some "improvement"!

We got 26 points from 16 matches under the previous manager last season.
We need 4 points from our next 3 matches to match that this season.

moomba said:
Tevez - 9 goals from 20 under the previous manager, from 27 from 37 under Mancini.

Kolo -for whatever reason has been much more solid since Mancini came. Was awful in the first half of last season, immediate improvement from last December and has been very good this season.

De Jong - much of a muchness there

Kompany - barely played the first part of the season, only 1 start, 3 sub appearances and 3 times an unused sub. Was put straight into the side after Mancini came and has been one of our best since.

Kompany was injured for most of the first half of last season and when he came back in those sub appearances it was clear how rusty he was, he was then immediately put in for January since Kolo left for ACN and kept his spot from that moment.

Also Tevez's form started improving with a ton of goals in December then got even better with Ade leaving for ACN and getting time as a lone striker for a couple of months.

Kolo is probably a little better with the improved defence but saying he and De Jong improved drastically is very subjective.

Breaker said:
Kompany was injured for most of the first half of last season and when he came back in those sub appearances it was clear how rusty he was, he was then immediately put in for January since Kolo left for ACN and kept his spot from that moment.

Not the way I recall it. He was injured from the start of the season, but was fully fit and couldn't get in the side. From memory he was still pretty much considered a midfielder, and emergency defender by the former manager.

Also Tevez's form started improving with a ton of goals in December then got even better with Ade leaving for ACN and getting time as a lone striker for a couple of months.

Whether it's down to the manager or not, Tevez has been much improved under Mancini.

Kolo is probably a little better with the improved defence but saying he and De Jong improved drastically is very subjective.

Kolo being a little better is an understatement. Drastically better is exactly what he has been under Mancini. De Jong, like I said is much of a muchness before and after.

Must admit I will be glad when the match is over and we can stop going back to whether or not our previosu manager was better than the current one.
From a personal point of view I quite like both of them. I can see how people can easily have anopinion that one is better than the other, what I struggle to understand is how someone can claim that their managerial records at City can prove that one is better than the other, both seem to have different weaknesses and strengths. I would expect players who are young and new to the premier league to improve over time whoever the manager. I would expect teams to improve over time as managers and players settle.
Lets hope they do.

moomba said:
Not the way I recall it. He was injured from the start of the season, but was fully fit and couldn't get in the side. From memory he was still pretty much considered a midfielder, and emergency defender by the former manager.

Whether it's down to the manager or not, Tevez has been much improved under Mancini.

Kolo being a little better is an understatement. Drastically better is exactly what he has been under Mancini. De Jong, like I said is much of a muchness before and after.

Eh fair enough we see it a bit differently, I'm still doubtful Kompany would have been given his chance under Mancini if not for ACN and Lescott's injuries second half of last year but it's great that he was able to prove himself.

One thing I think we can agree on is the hope that Hughes has the worst game of his career in about an hour :).

moomba said:
Despite spending around £135m on players, Mancini's record this season is worse than Hughes' last term, with the same points accrued after 13 games but with an inferior goal difference.

Some "improvement"!

We got 26 points from 16 matches under the previous manager last season.
We need 4 points from our next 3 matches to match that this season.

Why are you looking into the future with if's buts and maybe's?

The claim was made that there has BEEN an "improvement" when the facts clearly show this to be wrong.

The claim was made that there has BEEN an "improvement" when the facts clearly show this to be wrong.

We got 1.625 points per game in the league under the former manager last season (1.40 if you include his first season)

We have 1.88 points per game in the league since.

Call me old fashioned, but that sort of hints at improvement as far as I can see.

moomba said:

We got 1.625 points per game in the league under the former manager last season (1.40 if you include his first season)

Call me old fashioned, but that sort of hints at improvement as far as I can see.

I'm talking about THIS season. Ok, if you want to talk about last season, what are the points per game this season compared to Mancin's points per game last season.

What improvement has there been in points per game?

moomba said:

Indeed. Points wise at the moment it might be the same as last year but the improvements are there for all to see. Look how many goals we conceded under him and look how many points we picked up away from home. Mancini is doing a fantastic job of putting both those things right which is the utmost important thing for us to do.

When the decision was made to sack Hughes we had won one in ten and were 8th in the league. That after we finished the previous season lower than we did the season before with a lot of money spent.

As for performances under Mancini, it might not be as 'exciting' as under Hughes but it is better for a number of reasons.

Ian Cheeseman has just given a statistic I didn't realise.In Mark Hughes' last 24 games as a premier league manager,he's won 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.