F1 2024 season

It Aston Martin do show serious signs of improvement next season I reckon they'll get a pick of one of the McLaren drivers when they inevitably fall out and if they get rid of Stroll then possibly one of the Williams drivers as well.

I'd say "better late than never" but as a long suffering McLaren fan, I do fear that it probably is a bit too late now for the drivers title if I'm honest. They've pissed away too many points trying to be nice and pussy-footing around with Piastri.

It's a learning curve this, and the way they've rocketed from being nowhere to being at the top of the grid, it's been a very steep one after so many years in the wilderness.

I like that McLaren seem like a nice team run by likeable guys but they were missing that ruthless streak in Hungary, and it's continued since. I include Norris in that.

Hopefully now they've got their arse in gear and have some focus they can make a really good go of both titles this season.

This is a brilliant watch

Maybe Jake Humphrey isn't actually a massive twat. I always liked him on the BBC F1 coverage, perhaps he's just instructed by BT Sport to play the role of a giddy banter merchant.

He came across as serious and informed at the BBC when presenting F1 and that shines through here too.

Maybe Jake Humphrey isn't actually a massive twat. I always liked him on the BBC F1 coverage, perhaps he's just instructed by BT Sport to play the role of a giddy banter merchant.

He came across as serious and informed at the BBC when presenting F1 and that shines through here too.

If you can ignore all the shit he posts online about 'rules' he lives his life by and how grateful he is for everything blah blah blah. Think he's pretty nauseating to be honest.

He was ok starting out and presenting F1 was one of his first big gigs, but he's been pretty successful since with his High Performance podcast and his Whisper TV company and I would say he has changed for the worse.

His book "How to Build a Car" is excellent aswell, up there with Ross Brawn's.

The way that these F1 guys approach process improvement and quality control, to the point of paranoid obsession, makes most other sporting institutions look inadequate at best and incompetent at worst. Football may as well be in the 1700s as far as that stuff is concerned compared to F1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.