F1 Season 2020.

Honda to quit F1 at the end of the 2021 season, the cost and research into producing the hybrid engines can be astronomical so it’s understandable Honda wants out with covid biting and their focus probably on fully electric cars.

Will be interesting to see where this leaves Red Bull, Renault look like they are starting to get their shit together would they supply their engines to Red Bull again with the acrimonious split that happened last time? No way Mercedes or Ferrari would help them.
Mercedes have said that they will not supply Red Bull, the official line is that they are at capacity. I understand that neither will Ferrari. As Renault do not supply anyone currently they would be obliged to supply to Red Bull under F1 regs. I suspect that neither party would want that so it will be interesting to see which route Red Bull choose.

Mercedes have said that they will not supply Red Bull, the official line is that they are at capacity. I understand that neither will Ferrari. As Renault do not supply anyone currently they would be obliged to supply to Red Bull under F1 regs. I suspect that neither party would want that so it will be interesting to see which route Red Bull choose.

I was reading somewhere that an another option for Red Bull is to buy Honda’s hybrid power unit operation. Would that be viable for them when the 2022 regulations is about cutting running costs to make it fairer as the cost of producing the engines they have in F1 are astronomical.

I would imagine the easiest solution would be to get a Renault engine back in the car. As a works team Renault look like they are getting their act together, I wonder if Danny Ricardo is having seconds thoughts about leaving them.

I was reading somewhere that an another option for Red Bull is to buy Honda’s hybrid power unit operation. Would that be viable for them when the 2022 regulations is about cutting running costs to make it fairer as the cost of producing the engines they have in F1 are astronomical.

I would imagine the easiest solution would be to get a Renault engine back in the car. As a works team Renault look like they are getting their act together, I wonder if Danny Ricardo is having seconds thoughts about leaving them.
That would be interesting were they to buy that part of Honda. As to the viability I don't know. I read that Honda are looking to concentrate on more ECO technologies (I think that's roughly it but happy to be corrected).
Given Red Bull's financial clout they could well make it work but F1 do limit spending.

As to Ricciardo, it would seem that McLaren are also making great strides again so I hope that he does well there.

Looking forward to seeing him compete with Lando.

That would be interesting were they to buy that part of Honda. As to the viability I don't know. I read that Honda are looking to concentrate on more ECO technologies (I think that's roughly it but happy to be corrected).
Given Red Bull's financial clout they could well make it work but F1 do limit spending.

As to Ricciardo, it would seem that McLaren are also making great strides again so I hope that he does well there.

A big move for Ricciardo, I think this is great opportunity for him. Despite Renault getting their act together, I still think it's the right move for him.

In recent weeks I have noticed Lando is bit of a tosser on the radio, comes across like a right spoilt brat. I understand he is driving at high speeds and needs to concentrate but other drivers seem to do it ok. There's a clip of him being a complete wanker to the engineer at the end of a race.

He’s a cracking driver Danny Ric, was happy he got that podium yesterday. McLaren have had to make a lot of people redundant on the car making side of their business and have had to put in place a £250 million finance package to save them from insolvency. I hope this doesn’t filter down into what they are currently doing in F1 as they have made big strides from where they were 5 years ago at the back of the grid.

A big move for Ricciardo, I think this is great opportunity for him. Despite Renault getting their act together, I still think it's the right move for him.

In recent weeks I have noticed Lando is bit of a tosser on the radio, comes across like a right spoilt brat. I understand he is driving at high speeds and needs to concentrate but other drivers seem to do it ok. There's a clip of him being a complete wanker to the engineer at the end of a race.
I tend to agree re Daniel.

Re Lando, was that when he basically told his engineer to shut up and let him drive?

Sometimes Hamilton will do that, Kimi is famous for it. I doubt that there's any bad blood between driver and engineer, must be stressful. I saw a piece when Lando and Carlos were driving a Renault with the other as a passenger with a bowl of milk on their lap. Bit silly but both came across well. I will keep my eye out for Norris to see if I think he comes across badly.

I tend to agree re Daniel.

Re Lando, was that when he basically told his engineer to shut up and let him drive?

Sometimes Hamilton will do that, Kimi is famous for it. I doubt that there's any bad blood between driver and engineer, must be stressful. I saw a piece when Lando and Carlos were driving a Renault with the other as a passenger with a bowl of milk on their lap. Bit silly but both came across well. I will keep my eye out for Norris to see if I think he comes across badly.

I reckon Kimi plays up to it and does it for the coverage.

I may be harsh, it's high intensity so can understand him being a bit aggressive when engineer was giving him solutions especially as he was in a good position. Easy to forget how young Norris is though.

I reckon Kimi plays up to it and does it for the coverage.

I may be harsh, it's high intensity so can understand him being a bit aggressive when engineer was giving him solutions especially as he was in a good position. Easy to forget how young Norris is though.
I was shouting at the tv saying that he's already tried default 03 twice already!

I agree though generally the engineer is helping, just sometimes in the heat of battle drivers tempers fray a bit.

Kimi doesn't seem to care, Alonso was equally chirpy on the radio. Makes for more entertaining viewing I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.