F1 Season 2020.

Fantastic race yesterday, great tyre strategy from Red Bull. Looks like the heat combined with strong down force is a weakness for the 2 x Mercedes which will make the Spanish GP interesting next week.

For the tax boffins

I am hoping it can't be as easy as this.

Could a person have a clause in their contract that states that their wages when on UK soil be no more than minimum wage?

I know this wouldn't work with tennis/golf where the prize money is wages. But could work if allowed with team sports where they travel the world on a salaried contract?
No

Pirelli taking the piss with even softer tyres this week.

I can’t see many finishing the race with the mix of super soft and boiling track temperatures.

Pretty sure yesterday's race had the fewest retirements of any race this season didn't it! Do you fancy backing Lyon for the Champions League by any chance!?

Pretty sure yesterday's race had the fewest retirements of any race this season didn't it! Do you fancy backing Lyon for the Champions League by any chance!?

They had to mix it up with the compounds as it’s two back to back raced at Silverstone. If they would have run with last weeks choices it would have probably have been a repeat of last Sunday’s race.

Barcelona will be interesting if the temperatures are up, may be a disadvantage for Mercedes.

Max is strong at Catalunya too, but it seems F1 can have a huge say in artificially creating a title race if they make Pirelli take softer compounds to hotter races. Would be a power play against Toto too.

Not sure I like it as an ongoing strategy as it's artificial but for a one-off race it gave people something I guess. See Racing Point made Hulkenberg take an extra stop so the "golden boy" could finish ahead of the temp driver having been slower than him all weekend is his own car.

Seeing as Seb can't be bothered anymore, would be nice if he just quit and Hulk got his seat for the rest of the year. How he doesn't have a drive given some of the "talent" on the grid is ridiculous.

Worth a quid knowing City....

I was working so I didn't get to see the rave fully.

I think the tyre issue had got into Mercedes head.

A race won in qualifying, and not by being on poll. Curious how easy the Red Bull was on its tyres, and the grandma line was very funny,

Thought the Sky comms were overly giddy at thinking Hamilton could catch Verstappen towards the end. Wonder if there is much irritation from Bottas at the strategy, as the comms implied.

Thought the waffle about tyre pressure shenanigans was quite poor.

Max is strong at Catalunya too, but it seems F1 can have a huge say in artificially creating a title race if they make Pirelli take softer compounds to hotter races. Would be a power play against Toto too.

Not sure I like it as an ongoing strategy as it's artificial but for a one-off race it gave people something I guess. See Racing Point made Hulkenberg take an extra stop so the "golden boy" could finish ahead of the temp driver having been slower than him all weekend is his own car.

Seeing as Seb can't be bothered anymore, would be nice if he just quit and Hulk got his seat for the rest of the year. How he doesn't have a drive given some of the "talent" on the grid is ridiculous.
He'd be expensive, the lowest paid drivers earn a fraction of what the top guys earn and the lower teams can't afford to pay former world champion wages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.