F1 Season 2021

Hamilton extends his stay at Merc for 2 more years. Weirdly early announcement. I wonder if they're already thinking past this season?
he must have had some assurances over the development trajectory to commit to another 2 years given the start of the season we've had. That's a pretty big indicator of Mercedes work behind the scenes to have that commitment from Lewis so early.

he must have had some assurances over the development trajectory to commit to another 2 years given the start of the season we've had. That's a pretty big indicator of Mercedes work behind the scenes to have that commitment from Lewis so early.
The big news for me is that he's not retiring. A few weeks ago I was worried he'd walk the WDC this year and leave, so good for RedBull and Verstappen for keeping F1 exciting!

The big news for me is that he's not retiring. A few weeks ago I was worried he'd walk the WDC this year and leave, so good for RedBull and Verstappen for keeping F1 exciting!
it's boring the other way now, this is just as uncompetitive just a different guy getting pole and winning most of the time.

it's boring the other way now, this is just as uncompetitive just a different guy getting pole and winning most of the time.

Red Bull have always been strong in Austria.

Before the last few races (some unique ones like Monaco/Baku are hard to use as a gauge of pace) the two teams were very evenly matched in race pace. Just look at Spain and Portugal where Mercedes looked dominant. Give them a few more updates and a return to tracks like Portugal and Spain and I'm sure Merc will be right there again.

Hamilton extends his stay at Merc for 2 more years. Weirdly early announcement. I wonder if they're already thinking past this season?
Yeah.

Got the impression they are confident their car next year will make them dominant again. I don't think Hamilton would have stayed if he thought it was shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.