F1 Season 2021

I actually don't think Masi purposefully set out to engineer a scenario where Max wins the race. A mixture of grand incompetence, allowing himself to be browbeaten by Horner and the pressure, which he clearly couldn't handle, of knowing there were millions if not billions of people around the world waiting for him to make the right call.

Masi has to go and can't be anywhere near another F1 race.
You may well be right on the purposefully element.

He panicked, bodged together his own rules and in doing so manufactured the result.

He has to go. He’s shown at best that he can‘t handle pressure and is influenced by team directors.

Why team directors have access to speak to him whilst making decisions is crazy to me. They shouldn’t be able to influence decisions, only question them afterwards.

I actually don't think Masi purposefully set out to engineer a scenario where Max wins the race. A mixture of grand incompetence, allowing himself to be browbeaten by Horner and the pressure, which he clearly couldn't handle, of knowing there were millions if not billions of people around the world waiting for him to make the right call.

Masi has to go and can't be anywhere near another F1 race.

You may well be right on the purposefully element.

He panicked, bodged together his own rules and in doing so manufactured the result.

He has to go. He’s shown at best that he can‘t handle pressure and is influenced by team directors.

Why team directors have access to speak to him whilst making decisions is crazy to me. They shouldn’t be able to influence decisions, only question them afterwards.

It's not a coincidence that Horner was on the radio to him demanding he got 1 racing lap and Masi broke all the rules to give them...1 racing lap.

I'm not inclined to believe conspiracies, so the more likely scenario is that he was too chicken shit to stand up to Horner, something we've seen all year, and gave him what he asked.

It's not a coincidence that Horner was on the radio to him demanding he got 1 racing lap and Masi broke all the rules to give them...1 racing lap.

I'm not inclined to believe conspiracies, so the more likely scenario is that he was too chicken shit to stand up to Horner, something we've seen all year, and gave him what he asked.
Has anything been said formally about Masi from the FIA?

Has anything been said formally about Masi from the FIA?
The fia will be hoping no fucker ever breathes the name masi again , red flag and 4-5 lap race or leave cars on track positions for the 1 lap race if not enough time to let all unlap themselves would both be beneficial to max compared the 12 sec gap, but would both given less of a clusterfuck farce of an ending. Would max have caught Hamilton after lapping the cars he didn’t under race conditions? Would have been an interesting watch for sure.

Max, daddy, Karen, Helmut and orange shirted cheerleaders would have gone fruitloop crazy had the tables been turned and I doubt we would have seen Max and his dad showing the incredible humility and dignity show by Lewis and his old man. I also suspect Red Bull would definitely have taken this further.

Big asterisk against Verstappen for the rest of time now.

Mercedes withdrawing their appeal, probably so the sport doesn't fall apart.

You can almost guarantee that the outcome of the review will be that the FIA will never apply that version of the regulation again.

Mercedes and Wolf have let Hamilton down today.

Everyone is praising Hamilton's humility and dignity in the face of having a title stolen from him, but the problem is he has to behave like that. He's said it so many times, he doesn't get to be angry or kick up a fuss and storm into the Race Directors office like Schumacher did. He feels that his position as the only black formula 1 driver means he's not just representing himself.

In DTS there's a clip about Hamilton where they talk about when he got abused at races as a kid, and how his dad always told them to just turn the other cheek, because they couldn't win anything by fighting back.

So of course Hamilton reacted the way he did, he's had it drilled into him since he first started driving that he has to be on perfect behaviour at all times and to turn the other cheek.

That's what he needed Toto for. He needed his team boss to be the villain for him, and go to court and get justice. Someone needed to make sure history doesn't forget what happened on Sunday, and you can already see the max fanatic idiots saying things like "Oh they didn't appeal so they obviously had no case" which is bullshit.

Whatever backroom deal Toto got isn't enough. Suzie Wolf posted something where she said Lewis was robbed. That makes her the first Mercedes-affiliated person to say that, but hopefully more will.

Last edited:
Sure and he could have done that by not allowing lapped cars past to make it a fairer race.

He panicked and created his own rules and manufactured the result.

That would've been as (un)entertaining as finishing under the safety car though. Hamilton would've been miles up the road by the time Verstappen had negotiated the backmarkers.

Was it the right decision? Maybe not but it was admirable that he thought to try and give us a racing finish.

That would've been as (un)entertaining as finishing under the safety car though. Hamilton would've been miles up the road by the time Verstappen had negotiated the backmarkers.

Was it the right decision? Maybe not but it was admirable that he thought to try and give us a racing finish.
Sure, as long as racing integrity doesn’t matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.