F1 Season 2021

That would've been as (un)entertaining as finishing under the safety car though. Hamilton would've been miles up the road by the time Verstappen had negotiated the backmarkers.

Was it the right decision? Maybe not but it was admirable that he thought to try and give us a racing finish.
Wasn't really a racing finish though was it? A racing corner more like.

Read my previous post. It's a Championship that's decided on the whole season not a few laps on one race.

Read my previous post. It's a Championship that's decided on the whole season not a few laps on one race.
If the crash and removal of the safety car had happened a lap or two earlier giving Max 2 or 3 laps to catch Hamilton, Masi would have kept the cars in position and that would have been okay I suppose. Mercedes probably would have given up lap position and changed tyres. Trying to squeeze a lap of racing in the way he did wasn't "luck" on the track and it'll be remembered that way which isn't nice for either driver.

But it was?

No it wasn't. It was decided by the sum of all the points in all the races throughout the season.

It was on a knife edge and things like Alonso's epic defence on Hamilton at Hungary, Hamilton's brilliant drive at Brazil etc were just as important.

No it wasn't. It was decided by the sum of all the points in all the races throughout the season.

It was on a knife edge and things like Alonso's epic defence on Hamilton at Hungary, Hamilton's brilliant drive at Brazil etc were just as important.
Ok, so going into the last race, the points were level, meaning that the championship was decided in the final few laps following the safety car.

Saying that if Lewis had won all the races before Abu Dhabi would have meant this race was irrelevant is pointless.

The championship was LITERALLY decided on the last lap, manufactured by Masi.

Ok, so going into the last race, the points were level, meaning that the championship was decided in the final few laps following the safety car.

Saying that if Lewis had won all the races before Abu Dhabi would have meant this race was irrelevant is pointless.

The championship was LITERALLY decided on the last lap, manufactured by Masi.

He knows, he just doesn't want to admit the title was stolen.

I'd just like to reiterate what an impressive season Sainz has had. First person to ever beat Leclerc in F1 as a teammate.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens if Ferrari are competitive next year.

Also, it might be worth finally asking, is Vettel that good anymore?

I'd just like to reiterate what an impressive season Sainz has had. First person to ever beat Leclerc in F1 as a teammate.

It'll be really interesting to see what happens if Ferrari are competitive next year.

Also, it might be worth finally asking, are either of Vettel or Ricciardo that good anymore?

Ricciardo's problem this year is that the McLaren is hypersensitive to small steering inputs which completely changes the way you have to enter and exit corners compared to his previous cars.

I remember Seidel explaining this and how they've known about it since that basic car debuted in 2017. They spent the summer working on it and after that he had some really good weekends.

I expect he's going to be much faster next season in a car that's been designed with his input, or just a car without the unique quirks of the old McLaren.

I'm so pissed off with the sport right now, but genuine challenges by 2 of Ferrari, Alpine and McLaren would bring me back.

Also, it might be worth finally asking, is Vettel that good anymore?
A lot is down to what’s under you, I’m a Lando fan and hope he gets a better package next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.