F1 Season 2021

Really don't think Hamilton did anything wrong, he actually yielded a couple of times on the pervious corners, when it was Verstappen's time to do so (Hamilton had the better racing line), he got overly aggressive, cut Hamilton up and paid the price.

If anything, it was a young Lewis Hamilton move from Verstappen, he has to learn from that.

Last edited:
I get the benefit of the doubt to the leader argument. But in my mind, there is no doubt. Lewis did not move towards Verstappen, he simply maintained his racing line and didn't back off, Verstappen drove into Lewis (presumably expecting Lewis to back off). Verstappen cost himself the race and the points.

It was great driving from Lewis IMO. Verstappen will think twice about making the same move again.

cGRkqQn.jpg

There's plenty of images that back this statement up where Lewis is clearly understeering into Max's car. When he overtook Leclerc he was much closer to the apex.

'Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner' is the crucial line in that statement.

cGRkqQn.jpg

There's plenty of images that back this statement up where Lewis is clearly understeering into Max's car. When he overtook Leclerc he was much closer to the apex.

'Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner' is the crucial line in that statement.
Other world Champions views saying it was a racing incident, Other team owners views doing the same, Commentators likewise along with my own eyes. Unfortunately the stewards took a different view. Bit like Var does.

Very well put. Verstappen has been overly aggressive on defending for a long time.

As you say, he tried to play a game of chicken and Lewis wasn't having any of it.

Great win for Lewis.

IMO its not just Max has been aggressive, quite a few times Hamilton has been overly cautious or even passive when he could have gone for it against Max in the early races this year and it was past due for him to match Verstappen's aggression.

I think they only penalised him because they knew he'd win anyway and wanted to keep both teams relatively happy.

IMO its not just Max has been aggressive, quite a few times Hamilton has been overly cautious or even passive when he could have gone for it against Max in the early races this year and it was past due for him to match Verstappen's aggression.

I think they only penalised him because they knew he'd win anyway and wanted to keep both teams relatively happy.
And your final sentence is the key line, imo, exactly what I was about to post.

Helmut Marko calling for Hamilton to be suspended, Redbull behaving like slapped arses. It was hard racing and good to watch from the start line, maybe Verstappen should have let him past as there was another 50 0dd laps left to have another go at Hamilton.

Hungary next, should suit Redbull with it being more high downforce and hard to pass.

I don't think Hamilton got much luck in Baku, what with the pitstops and the magic button malarkey..

Hamilton will finish his career sooner mate. There’s an age difference in case you didn’t notice. But it’s good to see the first time Mercedes and Hamilton meet their equals in car and driver. Hamilton so far keeping up with the luck you tend to relate to United.
Yeah and the likes of Russell, Le Clerc and Norris will be equals if in a similar car.

As for age, Lewis had already won a title at Max's current age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.