F1 Season 2021

Pretty much, they made a decision that you wouldn't be surprised if it had come straight from Horner's mouth.

You either let them all through or you don't, you don't cherry pick.

He made a decision for the drama and not for the sport. Basically what you would see in WRESTLING.
at least you know wrestling is scripted so you can just enjoy the entertainment if it's your thing. This is supposed to be sport and it isn't.

Button came over as an utter Cockwomble too. I thought he was going suck Horner off. Then he said I thought Massi played it well. Also Horner actually said in that interview Unlapped Cars need to unlap themselves after a Safety car, Thats always happened and what we wanted. Yes you just didn't mention the other fuckin cars that should of.

Even if there is an enquiry and the "result" is overthrown, it still means that millions of viewers were cheated out of the sporting moment.
Used to love F1 years back, stayed up to watch Schumacher and Hill in that Aussie face off, where Schumacher made sure Hill's race was over. It wasn't funny at the time, but over the years I saw it for what it was and laughed at Schumacher's sheer twattery.
This is different though.
To be honest I would have much preferred Max to punt Lewis than this. At least then it is between the racers.

I think the FIA / F1 owners wanted a racing finish and then panicked and now we have a farce instead.

Reminds me of the Golden Goal they had in football for a while. It seems like a good idea for the drama but it isn’t sport

if that goes to appeal/court then they will be fucked, surely?

RB? Not a chance, unless you want a sport to accept that one team can direct the admin. You are never going to prove that in court.

Masi? Yes. As he's not going to admit to favouring one team (and it won't be provable), at worst he engineered a spectacle.

Most importantly, Verstappen would lose out for something Masi did. That's a ludicrous outcome. Even if Masi says "I wanted Verstappen to win", it shouldn't be to Verstappen's detriment.

Its not just that the race director or referee cheated to change the nature of the race, its that the bloody commentary on Sky completely gaslighted that and rejoiced like it was an amazing sporting moment. It wasn't. It was absolutely farcically bent. They know when they are on a good thing though and like all media know not to bite the hand that feeds it.

Its really the world today in micro. Truth, fairness, decency, all out the fucking window. I'm giving up on sport. John Moss et al yesterday. F(arce) 1 today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.