FA / Carabao Cups Next Season

more reasons to shop at morrisons.

I gthink we've done the treble, now move on to the CL/PL, we're going to continue to be measured by our success in the CL, for me it doesnt matter we're one of the greats already, but our owners deserve to get the CL, they've managed this club so well it would be great if we could get that trophy too and make it irrefutable that we're the best of this generation. But I dont think drop out as such, just give priority to CL/PL

more reasons to shop at morrisons.

I gthink we've done the treble, now move on to the CL/PL, we're going to continue to be measured by our success in the CL, for me it doesnt matter we're one of the greats already, but our owners deserve to get the CL, they've managed this club so well it would be great if we could get that trophy too and make it irrefutable that we're the best of this generation. But I dont think drop out as such, just give priority to CL/PL

It was only bad luck against Spurs that put us out of the CL else we might have got the lot.

This was the dippers team that lost to Wolves in the FA Cup: Mignolet, Camacho, Lovren, Fabinho, Moreno, Shaqiri, Milner, Keita, Jones, Sturridge, Origi. Subs were Firmino, Mané, Salah, Hoever, Christie-Davies, Alexander Arnold and Kelleher. Firmino and Salah came on in the 70th minute and Hoever in the 6th for an injured Lovren. Wolves played pretty the first team. How anyone can claim that Klopp wasn't bothered needs to give their head a wobble and why does the media not give him grief in the way we were in previous seasons. He belittled the competition and Wolves with that squad. It wasn't as if Wolves were bottom three either.

This was the dippers team that lost to Wolves in the FA Cup: Mignolet, Camacho, Lovren, Fabinho, Moreno, Shaqiri, Milner, Keita, Jones, Sturridge, Origi. Subs were Firmino, Mané, Salah, Hoever, Christie-Davies, Alexander Arnold and Kelleher. Firmino and Salah came on in the 70th minute and Hoever in the 6th for an injured Lovren. Wolves played pretty the first team. How anyone can claim that Klopp wasn't bothered needs to give their head a wobble and why does the media not give him grief in the way we were in previous seasons. He belittled the competition and Wolves with that squad. It wasn't as if Wolves were bottom three either.
Wolves made about 6 changes from their last league game, it just fitted the media narrative to say Liverpool much changed side lost to a strong wolves side at the time. The alternative media narratives would have been Wolves rested players in the league against palace, or that wolves have a stronger squad depth than the mighty Liverpool.

The dipperrs have lost 6 of their last 8 cup matches against premier league teams, so they have adopted the approach that domestic cups dont matter for a long time and its hard to shake that shit mentality. It's not an approached I'ld like to see city adopt. I agree that'll he'll rotate but always play to win not like those twats.

Wolves made about 6 changes from their last league game, it just fitted the media narrative to say Liverpool much changed side lost to a strong wolves side at the time. The alternative media narratives would have been Wolves rested players in the league against palace, or that wolves have a stronger squad depth than the mighty Liverpool.

The dipperrs have lost 6 of their last 8 cup matches against premier league teams, so they have adopted the approach that domestic cups dont matter for a long time and its hard to shake that shit mentality. It's not an approached I'ld like to see city adopt. I agree that'll he'll rotate but always play to win not like those twats.

Ruddy, Bennett, Coady, Boly, Neves, Castro Otto, João Moutinho, Dendoncker, Vinagre, Jiménez, Jota - team in FA Cup

Rui Patricio, Bennett, Coady, Boly, Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Joao Moutinho, Jonny, Jimenez, Jota - team last game of the season with just two outfield changes

I would say that their FA Cup team was strong and they were rewarded for taking it seriously with a semi final which they really should have won.

As karen7 said let's go all out and win both the Carabao Cup, and the FA Cup. Afterall it will be another 2 trophies that the scousers won't win if we win them again.

In the previous league game against palce they started
Patrício,Doherty,Bennett Boly Jonny Coady, Saïss
Moutinho ,Cavaleiro,Jiménez,Costa

About 3/4 weeks before when they played liverpool in the league they started
Patrício, Doherty,Bennett, Boly,Jonny,Neves,Coady, Saïss,Moutinho,Jiménez
Traoré

They made plenty of changes but rotated with a strong team similar to pep's approach to the cups.

The Liverpool team for that match just indicated how shite they are outside of they top 12/13/14 players and how screwed they would have been with an average number of injuries.

UEFA, United and Arsenal have really diluted the importance of the FA cup and Carabao cup. Sack off the cups to ensure top 4 finish and entry in to the Champs League.
Well that worked well with 6th and 5th place, didn't it?

Meantime Chelsea went for everything and won the Europa League and took third place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.