FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a move that's worked with a lot of other national teams over the years.

It's a difficult decision because English fans are so fickle you're only one bad result away from being completely slaughtered in the media. He's got a track record at youth level which Southgate lacked, but he's not had a senior role for more than a few games as interim. His record with the U21s is fantastic though and with a young squad otherwise and the success Germany and Spain have said from a similar move there's logic to it. But a couple of bad results or performances and the noise will spiral again. I guess that's true of anyone other than the elite managers like Pep and Ancelotti though, and neither of those are taking it.

I think whoever is coming in is going to get a lot of stick unless they hit the ground running and play great football.

If its Potter and the team still look similar in games then straight away you're gonna get people calling out the fact he's never won anything and was shite at Chelsea. Same with Carsley, people will say we brought in a guy with no senior experience. This is often the case when you don't bring in a glamorous name.

I don't think the English fans will have the patience this time around unless they show immediate improvements in how they play.

Southgate had the luxury of coming in after a very very poor spell in the previous tournaments. The next manager is coming in to manage a team that is reaching finals, nothing else will be seen as satisfactory other than playing much better football and beating top teams.

I think whoever is coming in is going to get a lot of stick unless they hit the ground running and play great football.

If its Potter and the team still look similar in games then straight away you're gonna get people calling out the fact he's never won anything and was shite at Chelsea. Same with Carsley, people will say we brought in a guy with no senior experience. This is often the case when you don't bring in a glamorous name.

I don't think the English fans will have the patience this time around unless they show immediate improvements in how they play.

Southgate had the luxury of coming in after a very very poor spell in the previous tournaments. The next manager is coming in to manage a team that is reaching finals, nothing else will be seen as satisfactory other than playing much better football and beating top teams.

Whoever comes in will be told to make sure Kane and Bellingham are first on the team sheet no matter how shit they are playing ;-)

He was also very lucky with the draw in multiple tournaments by still struggled against teams we should be beating easily and failed against teams that should be around our level.

Would love Klopp to take over. If only for the meltdown amongst the scouse not English dippers.....
Wouldn’t mind Klopp tbh. Although he was an annoying twat as manager of the cult there’s no doubt he’s a decent manager that would command respect from the team, and would be tactically astute.

Wouldn’t mind Klopp tbh. Although he was an annoying twat as manager of the cult there’s no doubt he’s a decent manager that would command respect from the team, and would be tactically astute.

I actually think his tactics are a lot more simple and straightforward to push on a bunch of players who are only together a week or two at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.